Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Rate Jack

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Rate Jack

So it seems Amex is doing surpirse rate jacks as well. I PIF every month and have top FICO scores. I guess it is expected...I might call tomorrow to fight...copy of notice below. My rate when from 9.24% to 12.24% on my Blue Cash.

Notice of Changes to Your Account

The terms of your Account are subject to change in accordance with the American Express Cardmember Agreement ("Agreement") governing your Account (including increasing rates and fees, changing fixed rates to variable rates, and adding new terms). Any language in your Agreement contrary to or conflicting with terms amended herein is replaced fully and completely. All terms of the Agreement not amended herein remain in full force and effect. These changes apply to existing balances and future balances on your Account. We urge you and any Additional Cardmembers on your Account to read this notice carefully and file it along with your Agreement in a safe place for future reference.

Standard APR for Purchases
For billing periods that begin on or after July 1, 2009, we are changing the Standard APR for Purchases to the Prime Rate plus 8.99%. This is a variable rate. As of June 1, 2009, the Prime Rate plus 8.99% is an APR of 12.24%, which is a DPR (Daily Periodic Rate) of 0.0335%.

Blue Cash
from American Express

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Rate Jack

At this point it should come as a surprise to no one that AMEX and Chase will use any reason (and no reason) to justify ratejacking, CLD'ing and account closing.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

True - please strike the word  "surprise" in my post...lol.
Message 3 of 4
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Definition of RateJack is subjective.  Going from 9.24% to 12.24% would hardly be considered an off the wall, unjustified increase in today's environment.   If you PIF it has ZERO effect on your life.  Why risk the ire of the gods and go toe-to-toe with AMEX to fight this modest increase that has no effect on you?  Save your bullets for a more worthy fight, imo.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.