Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Recon Advice 7 years post bk

tag
sal2009
Established Member

Re: Amex Recon Advice 7 years post bk

so after emailing the president and also asking for a recon my app status on the online site went from denied to "in progress."....not sure if that means anything or more likely the computer system just shows that until they deny me again.  will update you all....

fyi...chase granted me the ink bold business card for $5000....

@trumpet-205:   these are BUSINESS decisions....companies shouldn't and don't make decisions based on morals....

now amex doesn't have to give me a card...but to not to is a pure stupid business decision....to not give a physician who makes several hundred thousand and pays his bill in full a charge (no credit card) when he has no late payments for over the past 7 years is not a smart business decision....

Message 21 of 27
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Can someone pm me the email thanks

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 22 of 27
Weights
Regular Contributor

creditchampion,

PM sent with some information that may be helpful. 

Message 23 of 27
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Can someone please PM the e-mail as well?

Message 24 of 27
Weights
Regular Contributor

jonmartin,

PM sent with possible useful info. 

Message 25 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@sal2009 wrote:

so after emailing the president and also asking for a recon my app status on the online site went from denied to "in progress."....not sure if that means anything or more likely the computer system just shows that until they deny me again.  will update you all....

fyi...chase granted me the ink bold business card for $5000....

@@trumpet-205:   these are BUSINESS decisions....companies shouldn't and don't make decisions based on morals....

now amex doesn't have to give me a card...but to not to is a pure stupid business decision....to not give a physician who makes several hundred thousand and pays his bill in full a charge (no credit card) when he has no late payments for over the past 7 years is not a smart business decision....

In all fairness, you burnt them in the past. That would make anyone wary about lending to you again, especially Amex who rely on their own internal databases more than any other lender. Just because you're better off now doesn't make everything that happened previously ok with them.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 26 of 27
londonhogfan
Contributor

@Weights wrote:

jonmartin,

PM sent with possible useful info. 

I would love to get the email as well.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.