Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Recon Process

tag
Viperlx
New Contributor

Amex Recon Process

I applied for an Amex Gold Charge Card with hopes of getting my foot in the door.  My application came back denied but I wanted to a recon a shot.  I called new accounts who went ahead and submitted my application back for manual review.  Afterwarmds, I faxed another credit report to their media team and called the executive office 1 day later to find out if the media team recieved this fax.

The women on the other end was very friendly and helpful with my situation.  I explained my story  and she emailed the review team for a response.  She mentioned they usually respond within 24-48 hours and she will call me back when she hears something.  

This was last Monday, should I call for a status update or wait?

Here is the fun fact, my app went from In Progress to Declined on Friday and I checked today, back to In Progress.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Recon Process

I would absolutely call them.  They said you'll hear in one to two days and you've been waiting a week.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Viperlx
New Contributor

Thanks man. i will give this a shot after work today.

Message 3 of 4
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Good luck

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.