New Contributor
Viperlx

Amex Recon Process

I applied for an Amex Gold Charge Card with hopes of getting my foot in the door.  My application came back denied but I wanted to a recon a shot.  I called new accounts who went ahead and submitted my application back for manual review.  Afterwarmds, I faxed another credit report to their media team and called the executive office 1 day later to find out if the media team recieved this fax.

The women on the other end was very friendly and helpful with my situation.  I explained my story  and she emailed the review team for a response.  She mentioned they usually respond within 24-48 hours and she will call me back when she hears something.  

This was last Monday, should I call for a status update or wait?

Here is the fun fact, my app went from In Progress to Declined on Friday and I checked today, back to In Progress.

Frequent Contributor
koalablue

Re: Amex Recon Process

I would absolutely call them.  They said you'll hear in one to two days and you've been waiting a week.  Good luck!

New Contributor
Viperlx

Thanks man. i will give this a shot after work today.

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Good luck

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}