Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reconsideration possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Reconsideration possible?

They straight up denied me due to a bankruptcy in 2012. Is it even worth waiting til Monday to call them to ask for review and Reconsideration since I've done nothing but build credit properly since the bankruptcy or are they notoriously stubborn? I never had anything Amex before so that's not the issue. If it's a good idea to get them to reconsider, does anyone have a number I can call to get directly to the department that can be? Thanks. I tried for the Amex Everyday card if that helps.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Reconsideration possible?

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask! 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex normally requires a bk to be outside 5 years before they'll approve you

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Or possibly a ten to life sentence if you burned them Smiley Happy Lol . Sorry just an outsider looking in with dreams of redemption haha. Good luck OP!
Message 4 of 10
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Yep, 5 years you're golden if you didn't burn them.  This is a relatively recent improvement the last couple of years.  Before that it was 7 to 10 years post.

Message 5 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If the general thought is 5 years you might as well let it be. But again, calling will not hurt anything at all.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 10
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

You should definitely call for a recon.  Never, ever take any denial without at least asking for reconsideration.  You've already taken the HP.  The worst that can happen is you will still have a "no," and stranger things have happened.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

what number should I call? The only ones I found listed were for recons on cli...

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found a number, called it. Was told they refuse to extend credit to me until 7-10 years after the bankruptcy in 2012. Oh well. Their loss.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Found a number, called it. Was told they refuse to extend credit to me until 7-10 years after the bankruptcy in 2012. Oh well. Their loss.

Wow... that stinks. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.