Frequent Contributor
Jayb5635

Amex Replacement Card 10 Day Wait ???

Here's something I'd never heard of. I received my BCE on Saturday, but it did not come with the express pay chip as they had told me it would. I immediately called to request another one. They said I had to wait until Thursday because the system only allows one to get a new card every 10 days, so they would overnight it then so I receive it Friday. There goes something I didn't know...

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $4500, Amex Starwood $1000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $5000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $5000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $2000, Citi Forward Visa $3800, Discover IT $5000
Valued Member
BCGCredit

Re: Amex Replacement Card 10 Day Wait ???

For the charge cards. You use to be able to goto nearest Amex office and get a replacement.  I did it once in the Early 2000s.

FNBO 2.8K| Barclay Ring 1K| Amazon Store 900| J Crew 650| Cap1 750| Cap1 550|1st Premier 525|

Frequent Contributor
koalablue

Same thing happened to me when I received my Amex Surpass in January and my last name wasn't on the card.  Called to get another one and they said I had to wait 10 days, and said I had to call back in 10 days and request a corrected card again.  The guy I spoke to initially said it was their policy, but when I called back 10 days later, the rep said it was part of a new law, I think designed to prevent credit fraud. At any rate, I resented having to do it for something that was their mistake.  They did overnight the second card though so that was nice.

Frequent Contributor
blondy250

When my Amex plat was damaged they overnighted me a new one via FedEX. God forbid I couldn't spend on it.   :smileytongue:

MyFico 4/18/14
Experian-820, Equifax-834, Transunion (Discover)--850-- 6/6/14
Aaoa-8yrs, Oldest-14yrs
No inquires in over 2 years
"Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+