Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reporting generate FICO alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Reporting generate FICO alert

Hello,

Does anyone know why when Amex reports, it doesn't generate a FICO alert?  For example, when my balance decrease from any other credit card company, I get an alert.  I took my util from Amex from 90% down to 20% and didn't get an alert but only knew about it when I pulled up my credit report.

Has anyone else come across this?  Is this normal?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Reporting generate FICO alert

What kind of Amex card?

The Amex green card has no pre-set spending limit, so it doesn't factor into utilization.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's AMEX Blue.

For example today, I got an alert from WAMU and it said my credit score went up +16 points.  It was at 630.  Then I decided to pull up my credit report with the score and it was at 670.  It kept into account the AMEX util. 

Does the alert calculate the score one way and then when I actually pull the report, the score is calculated differently. 

It seems like it's best to trust the score when you pull the report.  Does that make sense or am I confused....

Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I said I got an alert from WAMU... I meant to say that WAMU reported that my balance went down to zero so my util would have been affected.  So my scored got calculated.  Then I didn't trust this so I pulled up my score manaully and saw an even bigger jump to my credit score.
Message 4 of 6
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

If you're referring to scorewatch, it does not send alerts for positive information, like paying down balances, only potentially negative information, such as new accounts, inquiries and lates.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX is normally a month behind in reporting..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.