Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reporting???

tag
Haisenberg
Valued Member

Re: Amex Reporting???

Good to know I'm not the only one having this problem. Opened my PRG sometime in early November and it has still not reported.

AMEX PRG - NPSL - Macy's AMEX - $4K - Discover IT - $1K - CapitalOne Classic Platinum - $1K

FICO Scores - EQ 711 / TU 698 / EX 715 | Goal - 750+ | Next Application(s) - BCE (01/14) - Freedom/CSP - (02/14)
Message 41 of 55
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Update: I received a Credit Karma alert and Amex PRG reported today after 5 statements were cut!! Still waiting for Blue Sky to report...

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 42 of 55
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@creditballer wrote:
Update: I received a Credit Karma alert and Amex PRG reported today after 5 statements were cut!! Still waiting for Blue Sky to report...

Good to hear it finally reported. Sounds like I only have another 2 statements to wait then!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 43 of 55
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 44 of 55
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Why would the fact that a card was backdated have an effect on when it would report? Just wondering

Message 45 of 55
parkman
Regular Contributor

I don't think it has an effect, I think he's just excited about helping his AAOA due to the backdate.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 46 of 55
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Logged it to CK today to find out that my BCP approved first week of October showed up. Funny thing is when I first logged in it wasn't showing in the list of credit cards. I doodled around and clicked a few other links and when I went back to the main screen my Amex was now listed at the top of the credit card list with the word "New" next to it. I went to the alerts section and the new account was listed there but I never received any notification of it being there. At least I know that its reporting although I have little faith in the credit monitoring that CK provides. 

Now a question... How accurate is the Average account age number on CK? Does it factor in all accounts? My backdated Amex raised my account avergare age to almost 14 years, which is a 2+ year increase from the previously listed number. Just wondering if I can take this AAoA number seriously. Thanks

Message 47 of 55
parkman
Regular Contributor

First of, CK's credit monitoring is virtually non-existent. I get many more notifications from Credit Sesame, so sign up for that one! Provides a FACO just like CK, but through EX I believe.

Secondly, CK doesn't factor in closed accounts into AAOA. So your actual AAOA will be lower on CK than on your real report.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 48 of 55
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@parkman wrote:
First of, CK's credit monitoring is virtually non-existent. I get many more notifications from Credit Sesame, so sign up for that one! Provides a FACO just like CK, but through EX I believe.

Secondly, CK doesn't factor in closed accounts into AAOA. So your actual AAOA will be lower on CK than on your real report.

I have CS but have not received any notification from them either, not sure if that has to do with their monthly update cycle vs CK weekly cycle.

Message 49 of 55
parkman
Regular Contributor

Nah, I get updates throughout the month. But you have to specifically enroll in credit monitoring. So maybe it's that.
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.