Did you mean: 

Amex Revolver or Charge Cards? Which are the easiest to get

tag
BrokeStudent2010
Contributor

Re: Amex Revolver or Charge Cards? Which are the easiest to get

@ezdoesit wrote:

@BrokeStudent2010 wrote:

Amex Green has an option where you can charge or pay over time. I don't know how they decide whether you are eligible for the pay over time feature, but I have used that on my Amex Green Card, and it's been great. Kinda like the best of both worlds. Only down side might be that if you carry a balance it will show on your credit report and may look like that is your minimum payment. 

I have the same feature with my PRG they offered it to me but I have no intentions of using it though, is yours also 35k on the POT feature.

No, it's not.

Message 11 of 17
BrokeStudent2010
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@BrokeStudent2010 wrote:

Amex Green has an option where you can charge or pay over time. I don't know how they decide whether you are eligible for the pay over time feature, but I have used that on my Amex Green Card, and it's been great. Kinda like the best of both worlds. Only down side might be that if you carry a balance it will show on your credit report and may look like that is your minimum payment. 

Not sure how paying like 18% interest is good in any way.

But, I guess it is better than defaulting.

Charge cards also have limits that AMEX adjusts at will.

Yes, the interest is high, but if you're in a financial bind, the flexibility is handy. I wouldn't recommend abusing the feature of course. 

Message 12 of 17
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@BrokeStudent2010 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@BrokeStudent2010 wrote:

Yes, the interest is high, but if you're in a financial bind, the flexibility is handy. I wouldn't recommend abusing the feature of course. 

+1 It is better than defaulting and to give someone who might need it some wiggle room.  Its funny because you always here random things about Amex earlier on one thread someone said that everyones POT feature is 35k but I couldn't see how that would be possible to give that to someone who makes say 20k a year.    Obvious now that thats why it can you can POT up to 35k that way they can at their choosing decline a POT item.

Message 13 of 17
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@BrokeStudent2010 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@BrokeStudent2010 wrote:

+1 It is better than defaulting and to give someone who might need it some wiggle room.  Its funny because you always here random things about Amex earlier on one thread someone said that everyones POT feature is 35k but I couldn't see how that would be possible to give that to someone who makes say 20k a year.    Obvious now that thats why it can you can POT up to 35k that way they can at their choosing decline a POT item.

Everyone that I have heard of is $35k.

That doesn't mean the card won't decline after $500 in purchases.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 17
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@JMills wrote:
Ok on this forumn, some say charge cards, some say revolvers cards are the easiest toget What's the overall vote? : ) What has been your overall experience with your journey joining the Amex family. I would like to get it one day, so what should I aim for? A Charge card or Revolver when I'm ready to join the Amex family?

Data point here:

Two years ago I App'd for the Amex Plat -  instant approval

App'd for the Amex BCE a month later - denied (thank goodness it was a SP)

Maybe they don't like two apps within 60 days? Either that or the charge is much easier to get.

Message 15 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

charge is easier to get IMHO Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 16 of 17
Networth
Frequent Contributor

IMO the charge cards without a doubt. I have seen a family member get mutltiple offers to apply for the charge Green card, with scores in the low 600's. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.