Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Revolver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Revolver

I am trying to narrow down an AMEX revolver. I would like a few things specifically: no AF, 0% intro APR, MR rewards to use along with my platinum charge card. 

Everyday/Everyday Preferred: I like the 3x points and 2% on gas with preferred but it has an AF.....

Platinum Skymiles: I keep getting tempted by this card....yet it has AF $195 and no 0%....I think it is mainly because I want the delta specific perks of priority boarding after flying this past weekend and having to put my carryon in overhead that was halfway to the back of the plan from where I was sitting. I'll get over it I hope lol

Blue Cash/Blue Cash Preferred: the regular blue cash may work out well since it is straight 2% back on gas, no AF and has 0% intro APR.

Alternatively, since I have chase freedom card I wouldnt be opposed to doubling up and getting another chase card instead. I dont want to have to cut my limit on freedom since it is 18k currently and I have a feeling a second card would be approved at much less than current limit. 

Slate: I like the new offer of 0% intro APR and no AF but does this card have any rewards structure? 

Ultimately, I want to add one card to complete a small collection (chase freedom & amex platinum currently) that will give me flexibility of 0% intro APR and no AF....any rewards/cash back is an added bonus. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Revolver

If you want MR specifically, Everyday and Everyday Preferred are probably the better choices.  Everyday and Blue do not have annual fees, Preferred does.  Everyday has 2X at grocery stores, 1X everywhere else and a 20% bonus after 20 or more purchases per billing cycle; Blue has 1X everywhere and 2X with travel purchases through AMEX's portal.

But then after you said you wanted MR specifically, you list a bunch of cards that don't earn MR so I'm really confused as to what you really want.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol I kind of had a million things going in my mind when I typed that out....so I will simplify it: I want a card that si 0% intro APR and no AF. 

I was leaning towards AMEX that is why I started with it but really do not have huge preference. To be honest, I dont really plan to use whatever new card a ton but want to have a card that has 0% intro APR. I plan to use my AMEX platinum for majority of swipes.

Sorry for the confusion. 

Message 3 of 14
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

If it's just a 0% apr your looking for. That's basically a bunch of cards from like every lender. Also slate does not have rewards to answer your question.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an issue with me apping for Amex revolver and getting a good CL when I got my platinum less than 2 weeks ago? If I did just randomly choose a company who would be most generous with CL? 740-750 scores nothing bad on file. 

Message 5 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

why would you purchase everything with the Plat card that only earns 1 point per dollar when you can purchase stuff with other cards that earn far more in rewards.

if you want mr points then get an ed, esp, or PRG. they're the top earners of MR points, just gotta pick one depending on what your spending habits are.

if you want Skypesos then get a skymiles card. better off with a Skypesos card than transferring points to delta as delta charges a fee to transfer points into their program from membership rewards.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have two cards right now, freedom with 1% cash back everyday and 5% on select categories each quarter and Amex platinum. I don't want to get tied up with multiple cards that I have to worry about meeting spending requirements on to get bonus etc. I plan to use the platinum for majority of purchase for the simple fact of it being a charge  card. I am perfectly capable of spending within my means but the charge card makes it so I have to double take on stupid purchases. Just my way of doing things. My spending habits aren't quite normal. Lol my food spending isn't at grocery stores due to current circumstances and I do spend decent amount on gas. I tend to put basically everything on my card unless it is a check I need to write out of my checking account. Seems like ED/EDP would be the best for Amex otherwise slate or maybe citi dc

Message 7 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I only have two cards right now, freedom with 1% cash back everyday and 5% on select categories each quarter and Amex platinum. I don't want to get tied up with multiple cards that I have to worry about meeting spending requirements on to get bonus etc. I plan to use the platinum for majority of purchase for the simple fact of it being a charge  card. I am perfectly capable of spending within my means but the charge card makes it so I have to double take on stupid purchases. Just my way of doing things. My spending habits aren't quite normal. Lol my food spending isn't at grocery stores due to current circumstances and I do spend decent amount on gas. I tend to put basically everything on my card unless it is a check I need to write out of my checking account. Seems like ED/EDP would be the best for Amex otherwise slate or maybe citi dc

Slate offers NO rewards (aka, useless) and DC is 2% on everything. If you plan on putting everything on your amex plat charge card, then it sounds like you don't NEED another card. It also sounds like you're not getting this card to maximize your rewards as you still plan on putting all your purchases on your plat card. 

I'd say stick with what you got if you don't have an actual use for another card. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree slate has no rewards. I would use Amex ED/EDP for rewards on gas and grocery if they tie in with the MR points from platinum. I would like to have a card with little to no interest for anything unexpected. I of course have cash to use but just to have the extra backup of 0% is what I am after. Everyone should have one card with no interest lol.
Message 9 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree slate has no rewards. I would use Amex ED/EDP for rewards on gas and grocery if they tie in with the MR points from platinum. I would like to have a card with little to no interest for anything unexpected. I of course have cash to use but just to have the extra backup of 0% is what I am after. Everyone should have one card with no interest lol.

Never depend on a cards 0% into APR to save you from drowning. If debt is a pool, and you're drowning in it, 0% APRs are water wings with holes in them. They may help you for a minute, but pretty soon they run out of air and you're right back where you started. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.