Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Revolvers - Sub 700 Scores

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Revolvers - Sub 700 Scores

@Jake0215 wrote:

If that's the case good for you, however, post the whole story, not one that highlights the fact that u got an Amex revolver with a bunch of negative marks on your report. The point is that most people with sub 700 scores would be wasting a hard pull. Way to go on all your awesome approvals... Your case clearly makes you an extreme outlier. The point of my post was to stop giving others false hope.

I do not think that he was trying to give anyone false hope. It just further illustrates that thick file with minor mistakes is a better risk than a thin short file with a higher score. Its no secret that amex uses their own internal scoring system... those who are frustrated by other peoples approvals should take a hard look at their own file and try to improve it or just let time mature it Smiley Happy I also have a thick file with some minor mistakes from 2006. I bet I could get an amex revolver now too as I average a 4k per month spend on zync.... had zync since Feb.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 24
rtw
Established Contributor

Amy other sub-700 approvals?

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 22 of 24
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

I don't have my exact scores, but I believe I was approved for my Zync and BCE with sub 700 scores Although my EQ and TU scores are in the 715-720 range, I don't think my EX score is quite at 700 due to a bunch of inquiries. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 23 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:

If that's the case good for you, however, post the whole story, not one that highlights the fact that u got an Amex revolver with a bunch of negative marks on your report. The point is that most people with sub 700 scores would be wasting a hard pull. Way to go on all your awesome approvals... Your case clearly makes you an extreme outlier. The point of my post was to stop giving others false hope.

I do not think that he was trying to give anyone false hope. It just further illustrates that thick file with minor mistakes is a better risk than a thin short file with a higher score. Its no secret that amex uses their own internal scoring system... those who are frustrated by other peoples approvals should take a hard look at their own file and try to improve it or just let time mature it Smiley Happy I also have a thick file with some minor mistakes from 2006. I bet I could get an amex revolver now too as I average a 4k per month spend on zync.... had zync since Feb.

webhopper, assuming low util reporting and scores around where they are at now and decent Dti, I would say you have great chance of approval.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.