Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Revolving actual CL vs stated CL

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Amex Revolving actual CL vs stated CL

Anyone else ever notice this? 

My Blue Cash will let me charge up to double the CL. It doesn't show this as available but it does work. I've done this a few times over the last few years. Its interesting.

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Revolving actual CL vs stated CL

I noticed that as well. I have a $1k CL on every AMEX card I have .. but I can charge up to $1560 as per the check spending ability tool.

Current Cards:
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex does allow a degree of flexibility on the stated credit line. You can see just how high that is in the check spending ability link in your online account.

Message 3 of 5
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Ah, I've never used that because of how everyone always says it makes Amex curious as to why lol. I know mine is twice the CL. Which is more than 10K over CL. I thnk its pretty cool of them.

I usually charge between 10-20k a month and pay about the same on it. But not all the time. 

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 4 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@700orbust wrote:

Ah, I've never used that because of how everyone always says it makes Amex curious as to why lol. I know mine is twice the CL. Which is more than 10K over CL. I thnk its pretty cool of them.

I usually charge between 10-20k a month and pay about the same on it. But not all the time. 

That is quite a bit of spend on a personal CC per month..  Would love to have your income Smiley Tongue.  Amex loves you for it I am sure.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.