cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reward Points transfer

New Contributor

Amex Reward Points transfer

Has any1 had any experience with transferring their Amex points to a frequent flyer program. I'm considering transferring mine to delta sky miles. Pros and cons will be helpful and any thoughts
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer

Message 2 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer

I was about to transfer some points to Hilton. I needed 5k minimum to do that. I wasn't using the card enough, but I will try and report this month. I hope someone else answers your question before I do, since it will be a few weeks.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 3 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer

Ok thanks look forward to hearing from you
Message 4 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer

Probably not the best forum for this stuff.  I would try flyertalk, but they aren't as "friendly" there.  Your best bet is to read through some of the threads there for advice vs starting a blanket thread with generic question.  Lots of good info though.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer

My plan is to transfer to Delta. It's a 1:1 conversion in 1,000 increments. Haven't done it yet so I don't have the personal experience of the process. But I've read a lot about it and looked on the website.
FICO 08-EX: 746 TU: 752 EQ: 750 AAoA: 4yrs TLs: 40 Neg: 0

Credit Limits: $300,000+
Miles: 400,000+
MRPs: 200,000+
Cash Back: $2,000+
Message 6 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer


lhcole77 wrote:
My plan is to transfer to Delta. It's a 1:1 conversion in 1,000 increments. Haven't done it yet so I don't have the personal experience of the process. But I've read a lot about it and looked on the website.

This is exactly what i was planning on doing. I recently just signed up for the Delta program so i have 0 points. My main question for you when you do go through the process or maybe you know already is. Does the points that you transfer from Amex to delta qualify as MQM's as delta likes to call them. And do you need that many points per year to retain your certain status. I ask this because i am currently a Diamond/Platinum member (not sure what they call it) to Marriott Rewards and you need a certain amount of points each year to retain your status. Is this the same with delta or is it once you have your status you have it forever no matter what?

 

Thanks in advance

Message 7 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer


Crashem wrote:

Probably not the best forum for this stuff.  I would try flyertalk, but they aren't as "friendly" there.  Your best bet is to read through some of the threads there for advice vs starting a blanket thread with generic question.  Lots of good info though.


+1. I'd give this forum a thorough read, but beware if you ask for help. They are not friendly towards newbies, and you might catch a bit of attitude from the less than savoury types.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 11
New Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer


CreditScholar wrote:

Crashem wrote:

Probably not the best forum for this stuff.  I would try flyertalk, but they aren't as "friendly" there.  Your best bet is to read through some of the threads there for advice vs starting a blanket thread with generic question.  Lots of good info though.


+1. I'd give this forum a thorough read, but beware if you ask for help. They are not friendly towards newbies, and you might catch a bit of attitude from the less than savoury types.


ok if nothing comes up here ill try there next

thanks for your help

Message 9 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer

They do not qualify as MQM. Here is a link for more Delta miles (up to an additional 40K):

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/SkyMilesNewMemberRT/
FICO 08-EX: 746 TU: 752 EQ: 750 AAoA: 4yrs TLs: 40 Neg: 0

Credit Limits: $300,000+
Miles: 400,000+
MRPs: 200,000+
Cash Back: $2,000+
Message 10 of 11