Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Amex Reward Points transfer

Has any1 had any experience with transferring their Amex points to a frequent flyer program. I'm considering transferring mine to delta sky miles. Pros and cons will be helpful and any thoughts
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Reward Points transfer

Established Contributor

I was about to transfer some points to Hilton. I needed 5k minimum to do that. I wasn't using the card enough, but I will try and report this month. I hope someone else answers your question before I do, since it will be a few weeks.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
New Contributor

Ok thanks look forward to hearing from you
Valued Contributor

Probably not the best forum for this stuff.  I would try flyertalk, but they aren't as "friendly" there.  Your best bet is to read through some of the threads there for advice vs starting a blanket thread with generic question.  Lots of good info though.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor

My plan is to transfer to Delta. It's a 1:1 conversion in 1,000 increments. Haven't done it yet so I don't have the personal experience of the process. But I've read a lot about it and looked on the website.
New Contributor

lhcole77 wrote:
My plan is to transfer to Delta. It's a 1:1 conversion in 1,000 increments. Haven't done it yet so I don't have the personal experience of the process. But I've read a lot about it and looked on the website.

This is exactly what i was planning on doing. I recently just signed up for the Delta program so i have 0 points. My main question for you when you do go through the process or maybe you know already is. Does the points that you transfer from Amex to delta qualify as MQM's as delta likes to call them. And do you need that many points per year to retain your certain status. I ask this because i am currently a Diamond/Platinum member (not sure what they call it) to Marriott Rewards and you need a certain amount of points each year to retain your status. Is this the same with delta or is it once you have your status you have it forever no matter what?

Thanks in advance

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Crashem wrote:

Probably not the best forum for this stuff.  I would try flyertalk, but they aren't as "friendly" there.  Your best bet is to read through some of the threads there for advice vs starting a blanket thread with generic question.  Lots of good info though.

+1. I'd give this forum a thorough read, but beware if you ask for help. They are not friendly towards newbies, and you might catch a bit of attitude from the less than savoury types.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
New Contributor

CreditScholar wrote:

Crashem wrote:

+1. I'd give this forum a thorough read, but beware if you ask for help. They are not friendly towards newbies, and you might catch a bit of attitude from the less than savoury types.

ok if nothing comes up here ill try there next

thanks for your help

Valued Contributor

They do not qualify as MQM. Here is a link for more Delta miles (up to an additional 40K):

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/SkyMilesNewMemberRT/

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.