Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SPG CLI @ 1yr anniversary.....

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Amex SPG CLI @ 1yr anniversary.....

I apped and received my SPG card back on 6/2011. I requested a CLI after having the card for 60 days at 3x and was approved. Well, I have not ask for another CLI since and decided to call in just now. I figured it's automated so I am going to request another bump to $10K from $4,500. Right after I entered my annual income, they transferred me to CSR and I hung up.

Have this happened to anyone before....and does the resulted outcome generally good or bad? I guess I didn't get declined right off the bat so it could be a good thing. I planned on calling them back sometime this week but wanted some feedback from myfico who have experienced this.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Amex SPG CLI @ 1yr anniversary.....

Why would you hang up on the CSR...I've never had an unpleasent experience with Amex customer service. Generally, from my experience, they just want to verify some information, such as income, to make sure you can handle the increased credit, and other things.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure to call them back. When I applied for my SPG about a month ago I was briefly connected with a CSR and approved (At first the rep wanted to transfer me to a credit analyst, but then said it wasn't necessary and approved me)

Message 3 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

I don't understand... why would you hang up on the CSR?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Just got off the phone with Amex CSR...I was approved for a CLI to $10k on my SPG card. I have a BCP card opened back in 11/2011. Have not ask for a CLI since the card was opened. The starting CL for the BCP is $10k. I was thinking of calling in and ask for a bump to $20k...or do I need to wait 6 months between CLIs?

Thanks in advance again Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
r34dy2fly
Contributor

Don't know why you hung up either. I'm trying to get back in with AMEX after I cut up all their cards for no apparent reason.

Anyway, we'll see what they post up for me when I ask for a CLI.

Message 6 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

Just got off the phone with Amex CSR...I was approved for a CLI to $10k on my SPG card. I have a BCP card opened back in 11/2011. Have not ask for a CLI since the card was opened. The starting CL for the BCP is $10k. I was thinking of calling in and ask for a bump to $20k...or do I need to wait 6 months between CLIs?

Thanks in advance again Smiley Happy

Rules are supposedly 6 months between cli per customer and not per card. I have heard of people getting it sooner so not a lot, so who knows if true or not.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.