Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SPG Referral Bonus - No More

tag
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Amex SPG Referral Bonus - No More

I've seen it discussed a few times on this forum but wanted to pass along some info I just received.  Apparently the referral program (MGM) Member Get Member for the Amex Starwood Preferred Guest card was discontinued in November 2012.  They said that they are attempting to bring it back, but no timeline.  Via secure message, I was able to still get the 5,000 points, so some may have luck with that, but YMMV.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex SPG Referral Bonus - No More

@rkinnahan wrote:

I've seen it discussed a few times on this forum but wanted to pass along some info I just received.  Apparently the referral program (MGM) Member Get Member for the Amex Starwood Preferred Guest card was discontinued in November 2012.  They said that they are attempting to bring it back, but no timeline.  Via secure message, I was able to still get the 5,000 points, so some may have luck with that, but YMMV.

Thanks for the info.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.