cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Serve - Load $25 for instant $25 bonus....

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Serve - Load $25 for instant $25 bonus....

So are you guys getting charged for cash advance? Is there an option to move the money back into your checking account?

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 21 of 61
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I moved funds from my checking account.

Message 22 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@HenryJumbo wrote:

So are you guys getting charged for cash advance? Is there an option to move the money back into your checking account?

I was too afraid to try, so I just used a debit card (for the first time since I got my first CC, haha) 

Message 23 of 61
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@HenryJumbo wrote:

I was too afraid to try, so I just used a debit card (for the first time since I got my first CC, haha) 

That's what I'm affraid of, however the original poster said that Chase and Citi count it as a purchase. And someone said they used their Freedom card, so I'm just wondering over here, if not I might do what you did and go debit. $25 a pretty good sign up bonus for a no fee, no credit check card.

Message 24 of 61
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Okay I'm in... bit on this deal loaded the card via my AMEX blue card instant clearance of the $25 transaction, and then the free $25 was credited, now I guess I just sit back and wait for the physical card, too bad it wont report on my credit report back dated of course, dare to dream. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 25 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Quick thank you to OP, forgot before. 

You just made me $25 Smiley Very Happy 

Message 26 of 61
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

I got in on this deal a couple weeks ago. 

I used my BoA debit card to fund the Serve acct and there was no transaction fee. 

I then linked my BoA checking acct and had the cash transfered back to BoA without any fees.

The Serve acct is still open in case I need it for anything. 

Easiest $25 I've made in a long time. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 27 of 61
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Just loaded using Chase Freedom, no cash advance fee (no fee from Serve until March 2013).

If they start making this a cash advance in the future please do not yell at me. Charges made to "SERVE VIRTUAL ENT INC". Never mind just got the $25 added lol winning!

Well I'm out. I can see you boys running through this loophole, but I can't take the heat if CCC's start knocking at me door. Hopefully my confirmation will help some of you out ;-)

Message 28 of 61
Open123
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Right, I like to use prepaid cards for online purchases from online sites with whom I've never done business.  Or, sites that insist on a recurring charge where I can control the charge with a prepaid card.

If you have Citi or BofA CC you can use virtual account number instead (Wtih BofA ShopSafe, you can even set the limit on virtual account number). That way you still get purchase protection which you would not get from Serve.

Thanks!  

I never knew how it worked regarding the limits.   I do have BofA and Citi, but not too much longer.  

Message 29 of 61
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I think AMEX worked hard to get the program coded in a way that keeps the program from looking like a cash-advance by the VISA, MC, and of course AMEX for now during the program infancy. People getting surprised by Cash Advance fees would drive away customers. This is also the reason they waived all the rest of the fee's till next year. 

Serve's catagorie can  change at any time but for now it free. Seemed like a great way to pick up $25 in 2 minutes. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.