Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Serve Online CC Loading Options Changing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Serve Online CC Loading Options Changing

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you sure Amex can tell its a Rebird load?  I've even used my AMEX card twice and it posts just like a regular charge at Target.  

Just becasue it shows as a purchase on your (customer's) side of the acct online it doesn't mean that there's nothing else coded into that transaction to identify it. I dont know any specifics but being that its the same company (Amex) that owns both the credit card and also operates the prepaid acct (Redbird) I'd be a bit more cautious as far as loading Redbird with Amex vs other cards (if you push the limits that is).  

Having said that, there's no credible reports of Amex shutting down REDcard (Redbird) accts due to any type of such activities. There was a fake (most likely) one that popped up on FT and a couple of other places a few days ago.

Message 61 of 64
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Having said that, there's no credible reports of Amex shutting down REDcard (Redbird) accts due to any type of such activities. There was a fake (most likely) one that popped up on FT and a couple of other places a few days ago.

Right, unfortunately, one can never know whether anything reported on the net is genuine or not.  I can recall warnings of imminent closures of "X" activity with the motive of keeping the park valid longer by persuading others from uitlizing it.

I supsect, most people aren't going to have any issues using Redbird as it was intended.  Namely, for Target purchases, ebill service, and the periodic cash withdrawal.

Message 62 of 64
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, unfortunately, one can never know whether anything reported on the net is genuine or not.  I can recall warnings of imminent closures of "X" activity with the motive of keeping the park valid longer by persuading others from uitlizing it.

I supsect, most people aren't going to have any issues using Redbird as it was intended.  Namely, for Target purchases, ebill service, and the periodic cash withdrawal.

I would agree.  I find my REDBird pretty useful in that regard.  Of course, program rules are subject to change at any time.

Message 63 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey happypill i ssaw youir low CL on amazon store card. You know that ppl are getting increases from just a SP
by calling?

Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.