Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Soft Pulls

tag
92SelfMade
Contributor

Amex Soft Pulls

hello does anyone here on the boards know why american express would be soft pulling my credit report 5-6 times a month since 2010 and I havent received any promotional offer from them. I also have no active tradelines with them or anyone associated with them but they sure do seem to  love soft pulling my report.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Soft Pulls

Are you thinking of apping for one of their card? If so, which one?

Message 2 of 10
92SelfMade
Contributor

im interested in there bce card but just want to know why they keep reviewing my report when i have no account with them

Message 3 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I don't have a CITI card but they been softing me every month since 2008....no biggies.

Message 4 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Cap One did that a lot w/me when they were sending me offers. Now that I've opted out, I'm not getting softed anymore -- unless it's from a company I do business with. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 10
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Cap One did that a lot w/me when they were sending me offers. Now that I've opted out, I'm not getting softed anymore -- unless it's from a company I do business with. 

Same here. Opt out is the solution...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 6 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Probably to see if you fit their criteria for a "pre-approval."  It's quite common with the banks.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

What's the best way to opt out? I tried but such a hassel for me....

Message 8 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Opt out here -> https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t%27%27

Easy as cake. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEX softs me once a month; same for Cap one.

I do business with both so I don't care that they soft me.

I also opted out 3 years ago and have not received any mailings from any company. If you dont opt out, your information is sold I believe to companies and they soft you to check your eligibility.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.