cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Soft pulls my CRA monthly.... is this normal?

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Soft pulls my CRA monthly.... is this normal?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a quick question with all the Amex account reviews and cld and account closing going on.

As background this is my oldest account (22.5 years) AAoA 11.5 years,  CL 13k.  Never late. current bal 2k and going down.

I use CCT and see that Amex does a soft pull on my CR just about every month and has done so for the last year or so... has anyone else seen AMEX pulling a soft that frequently?

Boy, do I feel under the AR microscope........

I guess if they have been doing this for so long and there has been no CLD or AR on my account to date maybe I have met whatever their "criteria" for no action on the account.

I would be intested to know if anyone else sees this.

As others have posted, it's completely normal for AMEX to do softs.  AMEX does an Account Review pull of my Experian record every month, even though I've had an excellent payment history with them since 1982.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.