Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Special Offers

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Special Offers

I'm not in the amex family.....never even tried. I've opened all my cc's in the past month and got denied by chase yesterday so I feel pretty sure they would deny me
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 11 of 23
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I thought I was going to be denied also. Sometimes you just have to app and see where u stand.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Given your scores, I think you would be approved for the zync and maybe a higher level charge card as well- eventually. Not sure that they would approve you for a credit card unfortunately.They like to pull ex for their charge cards.

@snowkitty wrote:
I'm not in the amex family.....never even tried. I've opened all my cc's in the past month and got denied by chase yesterday so I feel pretty sure they would deny me

Also, since all your accounts are very recent I wouldn't app anywhere else for awhile. You could try amex in december to establish a memeber since date, but the longer you wait the better your chances for approval

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 13 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Given your scores, I think you would be approved for the zync and maybe a higher level charge card as well- eventually. Not sure that they would approve you for a credit card unfortunately.They like to pull ex for their charge cards.

@snowkitty wrote:

Also, since all your accounts are very recent I wouldn't app anywhere else for awhile. You could try amex in december to establish a memeber since date, but the longer you wait the better your chances for approval

Oh hrm.  If snowkitty has a real FICO score and you've opened up a bunch of CC's in this past month, I'd take the shot now I think for that 2012 member date before a bunch of things report as opened.  Unless on the west coast, there's a fair chance those inquiries didn't all land on EX anyway.

Decent score and some other tradelines over the six month mark (QED as kitty has a FICO) and no revolvers reporting is probably better than a few revolvers reporting 3-4 months in mid-December I'm guessing.  I'm not certain that it's 6 months revolver history, I believe some studentish folks got approved with nothing but student loans on their report?

Chase and Amex don't share underwriting criteria, and I think the Zync is still easier to qualify for than a Chase Freedom anyway.  Just from a pure FICO possible maximization standpoint 2-3 years out, I'd make an app now, and even if denied, app again around Dec 15th.  Won't matter if you're not chasing approvals in 2013 as the inquiries will fade, but getting that member date is a non-trivial tool for building one's credit file.

        
Message 14 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Im definitely going to wait before I app anymore. I don't even know anything about my experian report yet....I need to get ahold of it. I've looked through eq and tu and everything is good. Chase saw something they didn't like yestetday because I only applied for their bp gas card....one hp for either bp visa or bp gas and they said they would let me know in 14 days....I called twice for more info and they told me nothing.....I'm sure it's a no.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 15 of 23
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

I have searched everywhere but I cant seem to find the pre-approval link. Ever since AMEX updated their site, I havnt been able to find aything. Would someone mind posting the link for me??

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 16 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Just saw ur post revelate.....I backed away from any more appa because I got afraid that my existing cc's would see all the inquiries and it would affect my card or cli in the future. Everything is alreadyshowing up on eq and tu. What is the deal about the dates on amex everyone talks about?

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 17 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@cmthomas06 I can't post the link because I'm on mobile but if u go to their mainpage of the website and scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see in small print...see my special offers.....hth

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 18 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

It's generally a good idea to check there prior to applying via normal channels. In some cases you may have better offers than what is available to the general public.

I looked at mine last week out of curiosity, and I had a 100k offer for the Platinum (3k spend in 3 months), 75k for the PRG (1k in 3 months plus no AF), and then BSP (forgot what the offer was) and Delta (72.5k miles with no spending, waived AF).

I'm fairly certain it's a SP or none at all (given the information may not be current, and instead may only be updated every so often).

It's very obvious that they target you for certain products based on the cards you already have. For example I have 2 airline cards plus one travel card (CSP). That's probably how I ended up with Delta and BSP on my list, in addition to the 2 charge card offers.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@cmthomas06 wrote:

I have searched everywhere but I cant seem to find the pre-approval link. Ever since AMEX updated their site, I havnt been able to find aything. Would someone mind posting the link for me??

Under the main page's Cards, there's an option under personal for "Choose a card with our help"

If you select that there's a tab on the left which has an entry for "View your special offers" which takes you to the preselector page.

        
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.