Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Stars Alignment

tag
Brandnick
New Contributor

Amex Stars Alignment

As they say "happy happy happy"

I app Amex on 11/18/12 and was approved for $4400 CL. I received my card on the 11/25/12 and looked on my card and noticed that the since member date was 12(2012). which was fine as I never hard a personally Amex before. 

However this is where it get interesting, I login online today and noticed my member since date changed to 05 yes 2005 I was surprise and started to think if this was some error because I never had a personal Amex before. So I called Amex to find out and was told that it's because of my membership date of 2005 from my corporate card. 

I said to the rep at Amex I will take it and he laughed and said he would send out a new card since the present card I have now is showing 12 (2012)

I did also app discover card the sometime(11/18/12) as Amex and that is reporting on my reports and my score is 771 fico. I am not sure what SCORE to expect when Amex starts to report to the CA's with open date of 2005. I can only assume is more north than south. 

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Stars Alignment

Congrats!

The surprise backdating is a nice bonus!

Whether your scores go north or south in the short term is going to depend on what the rest of your credit profile looks like.  You will definitely get a short term dip from the new inquiries and reduced AAoA, but depending on your situation that could be partially or fully offset by improved utilization.

In the long term, it can certainly do you nothing but good, especially since any future Amex apps will also backdate to 2005.

Enjoy those new cards, and use them wisely!!

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 2 of 17
Brandnick
New Contributor

This is my December suprise 

I am loving Amex everyday with this open date of 05, 800 fico score is getting closer and closer. I will update you all once Amex starts to report to the CA and what happens to my score. 

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 3 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 17
Brandnick
New Contributor

Thanks 

Just did a simple AAOA calculation

- without Amex back dating my AOAA = 5.7 years

- with Amex back dating to 2005 my AAOA = 6.3 years

I am thinking now after doing my calculation above it's not much of a difference in AAOA "with it" to increase my score, but I will take it as its good enough to not see my score decrease due to reporting a new TL 11/12

Message 5 of 17
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Congrats and a really nice surprise from Amexco Smiley Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 6 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

that's a nice surprise indeed Smiley Happy 

I didn't realize corporate cards could do that

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 17
Brandnick
New Contributor

Still Happy happy happy

Got my new replacement Amex BCE card with the 2005 date 

Message 8 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Brandnick wrote:

As they say "happy happy happy"

I app Amex on 11/18/12 and was approved for $4400 CL. I received my card on the 11/25/12 and looked on my card and noticed that the since member date was 12(2012). which was fine as I never hard a personally Amex before. 

However this is where it get interesting, I login online today and noticed my member since date changed to 05 yes 2005 I was surprise and started to think if this was some error because I never had a personal Amex before. So I called Amex to find out and was told that it's because of my membership date of 2005 from my corporate card. 

I said to the rep at Amex I will take it and he laughed and said he would send out a new card since the present card I have now is showing 12 (2012)

I did also app discover card the sometime(11/18/12) as Amex and that is reporting on my reports and my score is 771 fico. I am not sure what SCORE to expect when Amex starts to report to the CA's with open date of 2005. I can only assume is more north than south. 

Nice! Does the backdating using corporate card work if you were just an AU?  If yes, that would be wonderful! I was an AU on a corporate card back in 1997 for awhile before I left the company. 

Message 9 of 17
Brandnick
New Contributor

No sure of the details as I didn't want to push the issue , but I was told by the Amex rep the back dating was due to my corporate card I had in 2005 not sure if it was an error or actual fact that they back date for corporate cards but i will take and not complain  

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.