cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Starwood & Delta & HH starting limit?

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Starwood & Delta & HH starting limit?

HHonors $8500 Starting CL.  AMEX card holder since 2001.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 11 of 13
daytrade5
Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

I too am a new Amex customer. I work as a rental car rental agent and I prefer to take Amex cards. They're the fastest to be approved, never declined, and their customers swear by them. I am interested in an answer to some of your questions though. Some people have me so rattled at the possibility of a FR that I'm afraid to use the card and pay off only a portion of my balance.

Just today my first statement posted with an $1100 balance and I thought long and hard about putting $500 on it, and then was wondering if that was enough or if Amex would consider taking several payments to pay off my card a bad thing. People have me spooked haha

If you're planning to pay the rest of the balance in full by the next statement I wouldn't worry too much. I wouldn't think having a balance for two straight statements (nothing crazy though) would warrant an FR. Just do your best to pay the balance in full for most statements & you'll keep AMEX happy!

Message 12 of 13
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@daytrade5 wrote:

@drsmith wrote:

I too am a new Amex customer. I work as a rental car rental agent and I prefer to take Amex cards. They're the fastest to be approved, never declined, and their customers swear by them. I am interested in an answer to some of your questions though. Some people have me so rattled at the possibility of a FR that I'm afraid to use the card and pay off only a portion of my balance.

Just today my first statement posted with an $1100 balance and I thought long and hard about putting $500 on it, and then was wondering if that was enough or if Amex would consider taking several payments to pay off my card a bad thing. People have me spooked haha

If you're planning to pay the rest of the balance in full by the next statement I wouldn't worry too much. I wouldn't think having a balance for two straight statements (nothing crazy though) would warrant an FR. Just do your best to pay the balance in full for most statements & you'll keep AMEX happy!

I am

The payment isn't due until the 23rd. I just put $500 on it now just because.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.