Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Success

tag
Amnesia87
Contributor

Amex Success

SOOOOOO STOKED!!!!

I gave in and applied for the 50k point offer for the premier gold card, got instantly approved, since I already burned the inq, I thought why not, I'll apply for the Everyday Cash Preferred.

That one gave a 14 day message, so I used the application status option and:

I know both cards carry annual fees, but the Gold has 2 years free, and the Blue Cash is 75, and you get $100 back on first $500, so first year is covered, and if I don't like it, I'll just PC.

I just wish I knew the limit >_<

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Success

Congrats!

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 8
Amnesia87
Contributor

I should add that I applied for the old Blue Cash back in December and was denied. It turned out it was largely my own fault as while I had paid my util down to under 20%, it hadn't reported so my report still showed like 80%.

Based on Credit Karma:

Current Util is 22%

AAoA: 3yr 1mo

No derogs.

I have 2 inq on TU and 3 on EQ, no clue on EX.

Currently I have 3 other cards.

Citi Forward that started 2300, just got CLI like 2 days ago to 3300.

Discover More has 1000

and USAA Platinum has 1000 (I <3 usaa but this card hasn't grown in years, started at 600 when I got it in 06, and then up to 1000 later that year. I also didn't treat it very well for quite a while though. Sat almost maxed out for almost 3 years.)

I'm currious what my CL will be. O well, I'm just glad to finally have an AMEX.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull from 3 CRAs for charge card and only EX for credit card. Nice selection of card, Congrat Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
daytrade5
Contributor

Congrats! I really want this card, but will have to wait because I am gardening for another year or so.... Please keep us informed about your experiences with this card! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I posted this on the other thread about this offer, but in case anyone didn't see it.  This offer was targeted to Columbia Business School grads from 2011 and 2012.  Apparently, you needed a valid columbia e-mail address to access the application.  Someone posted the live link that allowed others to reach the application.  I would take screen shots of the offer page so you have something to provide Amex in case you don't get your points awarded after you hit the spend threshhold. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 6 of 8
sonson
Regular Contributor

Congrats on both approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 8
Amnesia87
Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

I posted this on the other thread about this offer, but in case anyone didn't see it.  This offer was targeted to Columbia Business School grads from 2011 and 2012.  Apparently, you needed a valid columbia e-mail address to access the application.  Someone posted the live link that allowed others to reach the application.  I would take screen shots of the offer page so you have something to provide Amex in case you don't get your points awarded after you hit the spend threshhold. 

Yeah, I'm a bit worried, because I honestly had no idea when I applied, but I did take screenshots of all the terms and what not, and there is nothing to be seen regarding Columbia, so I am hoping they will honor it or at least give me one of the other DECENT offers, and not try and force the standard 10k/1yr on me, because that would be lame, I'm gonna be especially bummed because that was a large reason that I applied, and there's the new chase saphire offer which is pretty much just as good.

Oh well, I've really wanted a Blue Cash for quite a while, so either way I'm stoked.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.