Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Suspended

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Suspended

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but what is a plum card?

Oddball business card that has options of 1.5% CB or 60 day grace period and falls somewhere between gold and platinum.

Message 11 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you K, learned something new todaySmiley Happy
Message 12 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you mkhan and low keySmiley Happy
Message 13 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thank you K, learned something new todaySmiley Happy

You weren't along AJC, I didn't know what it was either.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mention it a few more times here and MyFICO members will go plum crazy.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thummel wrote:
Woke up to an email this morning saying all my accounts with Amex have been suspended due to unusual spending. I haven't called them yet, but in the email it just said once I pay my balance down they will let charges through on my accounts. Has anyone ever had this happen with Amex yet?

When I originally got my Personal Platinum card my accounts were placed on suspension until further notice. What was weird is that I could still make small purchases on them without a problem. When I called they said my account were suspended for they weren't used to me putting such large amounts on my account and needed the history to build up for it to not do that. My solution for the first two months was I had to make several payments for extremely large purchases that I charged. 

Message 16 of 18
thummel
Established Contributor

Looks like once I pay the balance down they will lift the suspension. Really surprised they didn't ask for a 4506t or put me into a financial review. If they ever did I wouldn't have a problem sending them the information they need either.
Message 17 of 18
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@thummel wrote:
... they didn't ask for a 4506t or put me into a financial review. If they ever did I wouldn't have a problem sending them the information they need either.

Be careful with this.  Before you send anybody a4506t make sure they don't outsource the information.  (lexis-nexus)  There have been nightmare horror stories with what happens to your information when this Is requested.  Once those gates are open, there's no going back.  

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.