cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex TU CLI Request 60 days after opened???

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Amex TU CLI Request 60 days after opened???

So I read on these boards and was also told by a rep at Amex that I can ask for a CLI on my Amex Costco TU card after 60 days of the card being opened.  I actually spoke to a rep on Saturday, where she basically told me call back on the 15th and do it either with one of us or through the automated system.  So of course I called this morning I entered the amount requested, which I only asked for $1300 (my cl is $1200), then entered my household salary... after waiting for a few seconds the gal came back and said they do not approve CLI within 60 days.  So now I am confused is it after 60 days or what???  The card was opened on Jan 13th, if any one can share insight please let me know.

Also, on the income what do you normally put?  I remember when opening the card I only put my income I believe which is $60k, but my household income combined with my husbands who is AU on my Costco card is $175k.  What should I enter? Smiley Indifferent

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex TU CLI Request 60 days after opened???

AFAIK, it's no less than six months at the current credit line, before Amex will entertain a request for an increase.

@halos24 wrote:

Also, on the income what do you normally put?  I remember when opening the card I only put my income I believe which is $60k, but my household income combined with my husbands who is AU on my Costco card is $175k.  What should I enter? Smiley Indifferent

IMO, if you're married, it's perfectly acceptable to use "household income". However, before using that figure, ask yourself if it can be verified in a way that's acceptable to Amex - AKA tax transcripts. If the answer to that is yes, I'd think you'd be fine!

Message 2 of 11
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Just as an FYI though - you can request an increase up to 3x your current limit on Amex, once per 6 months. I would NEVER waste a CLI request for a $100.00. What's even the point. My general rule with AMEX is 2x the current limit at low levels like that.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait till you get the decline letter or go online to check the status and see what it tells you the reason is. If its the 60 day rule then you can request another one b/c they don't do any review. If you were declined for another reason you will have to wait 6 months from today to make another request. Keep in mind HHI is definitely acceptable but if you put that in after entering only 60k on your application 2 months ago that may look suspicious so just be prepared in case you need to verify. I also agree with the amount. Never ask for less than a 1k increase its just a waste and looks quite desperate if you only ask for $100.

Message 4 of 11
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks every one for the feedback!  I ended up calling and speaking to a nice rep who was very helpful.  I guess since my account was opened now they are telling me Jan 14th they consider the 60 days today so she said I should be good to go tomorrow!  How funny how one day can make, so she said that my request actually auto rejects simply because of the 60 days and for no other reason as of now.  She told me to call back tomorrow or if I wanted to give it another day Thursday. 

I am really hoping to at least double if not get $2500.  So far have PIF, and I am using the card heavily.  I also asked them on the income and she said that as long as my income did not go below what I had originally put on my application I should be fine.  Regardless, if AMEX wants proof I certainly have it for both my husband and I. 

Will keep you guys posted, and truly hoping to get that increase. 

Message 5 of 11
CorporalCaptain
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

AFAIK, it's no less than six months at the current credit line, before Amex will entertain a request for an increase.

FWIW, there seems to be a glitch in that 6 month rule when it comes to getting your first CLI before 6 months.

I opened my Starwood card in July and asked for and received a CLI in November which is only 4 months in.

USAA World MasterCard - $14,500
American Express SPG - $20,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa Sig - $20,000
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $5,000
Message 6 of 11
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I requested and received a CLI on my Blue 2 months after getting the card.  The automated system stated every 6 months thereafter and no more than $25k.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 11
jefftca925
Established Contributor

by my calculations you are a day or two early on your request...LOL.  31 days in January and 28 days in February.  If account was opened on Jan 14 you would want to wait til March 16 or later.  You have to remember, computers are very technical when it comes to how they're programmed and you have to hit at exactly the 61st day. Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 8 of 11
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Lol you are right, I am being way to eager! I am going to wait until Thursday to make sure!!

Message 9 of 11
halos24
Frequent Contributor

For those of you who have asked for a CLI with Amex did you have a balance at the time? I am in between cycles, but so far have PIF prior to the due date.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.