Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Travel Delay Protection

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Amex Travel Delay Protection

Does anyone have any experience using this service.  It seems like a good idea for me to enroll especially since I'm going to be doing some traveling over the summer.
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Travel Delay Protection

Is this a monthly subscription or do you get to accept/decline the insurance when tickets are purchased?  For some things trip insurance may be a good idea, but for the long run it's just a way for the insurers to beef up their profits Smiley Happy 
Message 2 of 5
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@203bravo wrote:
Is this a monthly subscription or do you get to accept/decline the insurance when tickets are purchased?  For some things trip insurance may be a good idea, but for the long run it's just a way for the insurers to beef up their profits Smiley Happy 

I'm not sure but here's the link to the program's page: American Travel Delay Protection
Message 3 of 5
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

bump
Message 4 of 5
203bravo
Established Contributor

Doesn't look too bad since they only charge you for the service when you are actually traveling.  And $10 is about average.  May be worth the piece of mind to know that this is done automatically every time you travel rather than have to purchase a separate plan every time.

Message Edited by 203bravo on 01-13-2009 10:03 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.