cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Travel Let Me Down MyFico Members I'm sure can help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Travel Let Me Down MyFico Members I'm sure can help!

I booked a hotel via Platinum fine resorts for the Bellagio in Vegas. (Via Phone Rep)

I found a lower rate on Amex Travel Online a few weeks later (today)

I booked the lower rate and cancelled the old reservation via phone. The representitive could not tell me the taxes and fees that are in the fine print on my online reservation(NOTE: Taxes and fees are not included in the room total, and will apply at the time of charge.)

They are clueless and told me that the online bookings are handled via Orbitz Private label travel. Does anyone know who I can call as Amex support has been totally unhelpful and I have been on hold over an hour already. Its a make or break versus my 4th night free prestige so I need to know the exact amounts after taxes to compare. Who can help me? I am so upset how Amex has been operating lately. I have done plenty of FHR reservations with absolutely no issues!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Travel Let Me Down MyFico Members I'm sure can help!

I got a refund about 3 weeks ago for $120

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Using-Amex-CC-s-for-travel-lowest-price-guarantee/m-p/4...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I booked a hotel via Platinum fine resorts for the Bellagio in Vegas. (Via Phone Rep)

I found a lower rate on Amex Travel Online a few weeks later (today)

I booked the lower rate and cancelled the old reservation via phone. The representitive could not tell me the taxes and fees that are in the fine print on my online reservation(NOTE: Taxes and fees are not included in the room total, and will apply at the time of charge.)

They are clueless and told me that the online bookings are handled via Orbitz Private label travel. Does anyone know who I can call as Amex support has been totally unhelpful and I have been on hold over an hour already. Its a make or break versus my 4th night free prestige so I need to know the exact amounts after taxes to compare. Who can help me? I am so upset how Amex has been operating lately. I have done plenty of FHR reservations with absolutely no issues!

I've been out of the loop for a while, but back when I was a 'jet setter' if I had specific questions about my rate, I always got the best results by calling the property directly (versus the reservations line).  The folks working at the actual location should be well-versed on the taxes, fees, etc. that are associated with their property.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with Amex... I would think they would be able to get the rate 'drilled-down' quite easily, or at least do the leg work for you.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Using-Amex-CC-s-for-travel-lowest-price-guarantee/m-p/4...

Thanks for that info I wish I saw that post before I went through all this! But I am still wondering more what the "fees" part is on my reservation that no body can tell me though. I am assuming taxes are the standard 12% Las Vegas resort rate

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Using-Amex-CC-s-for-travel-lowest-price-guarantee/m-p/4361087#M1248571

Thanks for that info I wish I saw that post before I went through all this! But I am still wondering more what the "fees" part is on my reservation that no body can tell me though. I am assuming taxes are the standard 12% Las Vegas resort rate

You'll also have to pay the daily resort fee which I believe right now is $28 at the Bellagio

Message 5 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Using-Amex-CC-s-for-travel-lowest-price-guarantee/m-p/4361087#M1248571

Check you 1st reservation conformation it should have had all relative info I.E. taxes and any fees

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

You'll also have to pay the daily resort fee which I believe right now is $28 at the Bellagio

Yes thanks, That I was able to find out was 32.80. Cant be avaoided with either booking though. I am just concerned that fees could have something hidden in it. Amex said no but not positive - not the answer I wanted to hear from them.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Yes thanks, That I was able to find out was 32.80. Cant be avaoided with either booking though. I am just concerned that fees could have something hidden in it. Amex said no but not positive - not the answer I wanted to hear from them.

Taxes and the resort fee should be it.  Cant think of any others that I've been charged.  You'll enjoy the Bellagio.  Stayed there many times.

Message 8 of 10
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Im assuming this is only for hotels correct? Or does it work for airfare as well?

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 9 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Airfare also.
Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.