Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex / Tripadvisor Statement Credit??

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex / Tripadvisor Statement Credit??

Anyone else get a $5 statement credit offer for signing up and posting a review of somewhere on TripAdvisor?
I also got a thing for a statement credit for $50 when I spend $250 on prepaid travel on amextravel.com.
I'm going to Vegas soon! Yayuh!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex / Tripadvisor Statement Credit??

Message 2 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

This is going to come in so handy! My friends are going to be happy when I tell them we're going to save $50!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 17
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Anyone else get a $5 statement credit offer for signing up and posting a review of somewhere on TripAdvisor?
I also got a thing for a statement credit for $50 when I spend $250 on prepaid travel on amextravel.com.
I'm going to Vegas soon! Yayuh!

I almost forgot about this! Thanks for the reminder; just signed up with my AMEX and posted! Now to await the credit Smiley Happy

How long did it take you to receive yours after submitting a review?

Message 4 of 17
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

Yes indeed!  Redeemed both.

Thanks for sharing with the rest of the myFICO family. Brilliant!

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 5 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I just posted my first two reviews! Amex is pretty slow with statement credits usually.
I like how Tripadvisor only takes real reviews!

Just makin' sure everyone knows :-)
That $5 credit covered my Chinese food tonight Haha !
Message 6 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

There is also a $25 off for $75 or more spend at Staples promotion. Seems to be somewhat targeted however, so login to Amex online and check "offers for you". 

And if this matters: Amex is issuing $20 credit for $100 or more in charges at Buca di Beppo. This promotion seems to be for everyone. Just need to be enrolled via twitter / facebook or something along those lines.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

There is also a $25 off for $75 or more spend at Staples promotion. Seems to be somewhat targeted however, so login to Amex online and check "offers for you". 

And if this matters: Amex is issuing $20 credit for $100 or more in charges at Buca di Beppo. This promotion seems to be for everyone. Just need to be enrolled via twitter / facebook or something along those lines.

I am sad i don't see any of these targeted offers, my offers is blank :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 17
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Took adavantage of this offer as well. Free next day shipping and 25 bucks back! Needed some printer ink and a couple reams.

Are some of these offers limited to charge cards? Or are they available to any Amex member?

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 9 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

They seem to be made available on a targeted basis to both charge and revolving customers.

Usually slickdeals will post available offers, but for Amex it's usually targeted for the non twitter / Facebook promos.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.