Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Trouble

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Trouble

It was cleared up this evening. But I went to charge something and it didn't go through. Yes it was for a large amount but I let them know I was going to do this two days ago.  They told me to call account services and when I did they said I should receive a call within 72hrs with a reference #.  You have to be kidding me!  I just applied for a Citi card so i can't get rid of this thing.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

patience! 

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just got a notification that my acccount was cancelled.  Wow...nice company AMEX has.  I complied with all their requests.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I just got a notification that my acccount was cancelled.  Wow...nice company AMEX has.  I complied with all their requests.

Sorry to hear that.  That is terrible.  Did they tell you why even after sending all the info. requested?

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Security concerns I guess.  I sent a notarized form to prove my idenitity and then tried to place an order once the card was active again and it got declined. Then account services just cancelled the whole account.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's is ridiculous!! I would be calling in to speak with someone high up!!
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Security concerns I guess.  I sent a notarized form to prove my idenitity and then tried to place an order once the card was active again and it got declined. Then account services just cancelled the whole account.

If you don't mind me asking, before calling and demanding to speak with a higher up can you tell us a bit more about your credit profile? What are your scores?  Any baddies on your reports?  What is your AAAoA? What other cards do you have and what are their limits? What are the limits on your Amex cards that were cancelled?

The reason why I ask these questions is because, we are just speculating and giving you feedback on what you are telling us without actually getting a glimpse of your profile. So a snapshot of your profile will help us better understand why Amex will take such adverse action against you...

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow!

Message 18 of 25
Littlewing745
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, before calling and demanding to speak with a higher up can you tell us a bit more about your credit profile? What are your scores?  Any baddies on your reports?  What is your AAAoA? What other cards do you have and what are their limits? What are the limits on your Amex cards that were cancelled?

The reason why I ask these questions is because, we are just speculating and giving you feedback on what you are telling us without actually getting a glimpse of your profile. So a snapshot of your profile will help us better understand why Amex will take such adverse action against you...

Yes, this. I mentioned on another of his/her posts that, frankly, this is pretty ambiguous. For all we know, OP has a unique set of circumstances that has set off internal alarms at AMEX. Based on the other post I saw, I'm actually a bit confused myself. OP has $170k in annual income, but is approaching this as if s/he has never had a credit card before. Is this because they haven't? Are they new to American credit (i.e., moved from overseas and therefore AMEX had a hard time verifying identity and history?). Is it simply a big boost in credit scores after a long rebuild, and therefore all of this credit is new and popping up out of nowhere? Then, as you state, what about baddies/AAoA/other cards/etc. There are a lot of unknown factors, and OP isn't sharing much.

This could have been an extremely fixable problem, but there's just no way to know for sure. "AMEX was mean to me just because" is totally not the whole story. Just doesn't work that way.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope I have 2 other credit cards with 30K limit and 35K limit.  I have a credit score of 723-733.  The AMEX card was approved with 20K limit.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.