Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Upgrade question

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Upgrade question

I know when I upgraded my green card to the gold it was no hard pull, amex likes upgrades more money in it for them with annual fees.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 16
anderl
Frequent Contributor

+1

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing but now the pre-approval is gone. They did just redesign their website...so maybe they moved it...

Message 13 of 16
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I just got the "upgrade your card now" also to go from AMEX Premiere Rewards Gold------>AMEX Platinum-got the"your card is not eligible to be upgraded at this time"-how long does it take to be upgraded?lol!

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 14 of 16
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@anderl wrote:

I just got the "upgrade your card now" also to go from AMEX Premiere Rewards Gold------>AMEX Platinum-got the"your card is not eligible to be upgraded at this time"-how long does it take to be upgraded?lol!

Same thing happens to me. The Golds and Platinum always appear in the Upgrade Your Membership section but everytime I test it, I get the same ineligible message. Member since 96 got my Green in 06/2010 and that's my only card. Maybe there is something for the 6-12 month rule.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats rather daft dont you think? putting the ability to upgrade an account and then being denied. that webiste is so buggy its beyond annoying. Perhaps there is some rule that says u need to wait 6 months etc. I did call a CSR agent about it and they were all giddy about upgrading and its avalibility to me. Odd folks those amex ppl When u get denied for an upgrade does it still stay out there as in u could click it again?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.