Established Contributor

Amex...What are my chances...

So 9 yrs ago around the fall of the dot com I settled with Amex on one account and left a balance of 2514.00

The other account I had with them was a plat amex, never late paid 43k in full, which still in on my credit report 

I want to develop a good relationship with them again so I am going to slowly pay this balance off (2514)

I want to know if you think after paying this off and with my fico score of 730, WITH a BK on my report, do you think they will approve me?

OR is Amex totally against any all al BK's on credit reports

They were never included in BK just to clarify 

What do you think? 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex...What are my chances...

Search the board for "Oasis" there are lots of people who have paid amex charge offs and regained card membership.  You want to have the deal in place before you pay them off that you will pay them off and they will give you an Optima card.  If you don't want to go that route you might be able to get a Green charge card but in your case with the BK I would make arrangements for the guaranteed Optima card.
Established Contributor

Re: Amex...What are my chances...

I read on another board that I could get the Oasis program, but because of the BK they won't approve me for the real Optima when the Oasis program is paid off.

I guess I will wait.

Thank you for the feedback 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.