cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex....What are you trying to tell me?!? Has anyone seen this ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex....What are you trying to tell me?!? Has anyone seen this ?

Don't ever get into manual review of your account. You got lucky the computer didn't catch you but the underwriter at amex will cancel your account asap.
Message 11 of 22
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't ever get into manual review of your account. You got lucky the computer didn't catch you but the underwriter at amex will cancel your account asap.

Hmmm... I think the computer and Amex  know me very well Smiley Happy

Home page says "Good Afternoon.....  Member since 2004" 

Thanks for your thoughts...

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you read the other credit board, there is a thread with someone who got their account closed when they applied for a second card and it went into manual review.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know what happens when you go to manual review. For science, of course. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you read the other credit board, there is a thread with someone who got their account closed when they applied for a second card and it went into manual review.

There's likely more to the story... I also 'burned' Amex back in 2000 with a BK7 and I just got 'back in' this year when I was approved for a Green and a BCP. 

The last time I requested a CLI it went to manual review (there was a manual SP on my file from 'American Express 2' a few days later) and while they denied the CLI, there was no adverse action on either of my accounts.

FWIW, Amex definitely 'remembers' me, since when I log in it welcomes me as "Member since 1995" and my CLI was denied based on "Negative experience on past American Express account", so there's no question as to what happened in the past.

When folks on the Internet speak of adverse action, there's no way to know if they are telling the whole story or not.

I would just say 'YMMV'.

Message 15 of 22
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Let us know what happens when you go to manual review. For science, of course. Smiley Happy

So hard to read between the lines...determine context when reading text/chat/posts...

So maybe I'm overthinking this, but.....hmmmm.... I think not. Not much purpose of your last post other than you being a(n) .......... (I'll let you use your imagination) Smiley Happy

But all good, I appreciate your feedback even though it has NOTHING to do with the question I asked in this thread. I wish it was based of some personal experience or actually knowledge and not wholly based off what happen to someone once before, from a post you read once.

You say it as if its the gospel.

Message 16 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Back to the original question, I just logged into my own account (BCP), and next to my available credit amount there is a link that says

"Can I charge it?", however when I click the link it just takes me to the "Check Spending Ability" tool. 

Since my last CLI request was denied, I didn't bother checking to see if I have the ability to charge over my limit.  I did notice that the FAQ section on using the 'tool' does seem to have been expanded a bit (or perhaps I didn't notice the FAQ before).

Regardless, by putting the link "front and center" it's clear they now want us to know the "Check Spending Ability Tool" is available...

right in time for the holidays!  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 22
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Back to the original question, I just logged into my own account (BCP), and next to my available credit amount there is a link that says

"Can I charge it?", however when I click the link it just takes me to the "Check Spending Ability" tool. 

Since my last CLI request was denied, I didn't bother checking to see if I have the ability to charge over my limit.  I did notice that the FAQ section on using the 'tool' does seem to have been expanded a bit (or perhaps I didn't notice the FAQ before).

Regardless, by putting the link "front and center" it's clear they now want us to know the "Check Spending Ability Tool" is available...

right in time for the holidays!  Smiley Wink

PERFECT! 

Thanks UncleB....Exactly what I needed to know. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

We all gain knowledge through other peoples trial and error. The whole point of myfico is to experiment and document the results here. 5/24 rule, 3xcli, aa, fr, etc...
Message 19 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Yeah, it's definitely  the CSA tool and not just for you. AmEx isn't going to code a site change for any one single customer. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

The outcome of an FR will depend on the findings of the FR.  FR's can lead to closure but they do not in all cases.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.