Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex X 3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex X 3

So I decided if I was approved for Delta Gold $1k, then HH $2k, may as well try the Starwood. 7-10 days for my 09/10 app finally approved today! I don't know my limit yet but I noticed I took a new hit for each app on EX even though it was all within a 10 day span. :-(

Now my newfound addiction is telling me CLI, combine the CL's, then convert! I know I'm really asking for an FR but I welcome it, maybe they'll up my limit even more. What do you think, bad idea to attempt that course of action now?

And then of course there's the GW for those inquiries... wonder what they'll say when they see 15 in 2 years, and 8 or so in the last month.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex X 3

Your FR is probably coming.. I wouldn't do anything else to stir the pot at this point.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Tuscani,

When I got my FR, I know I trigged it.  Heck if it were me I probably would have canceled the cards. But AMEX did not and all was well.

I think FRs are good if the account holders begins to do crazy things like I did.  Open up $20K in credit in less than a week and balance transferred close to $10K, plus got CLIs on my cards. I was asking for a FR..LOL
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the additional INQ's changed to soft.

Amex Media reporting FAX 801-945-2884

American Express
Media Report Department
Phone: 800-874-2717
FAX: 801-945-2884

Multiple Inquires for Account applied for on June 22, 2006
Per our conversation earlier today, please recode the additional inquiries’ from my Experian Credit report as “Soft Pulls”

Attachments: American Express information and Inquires page from Experian Credit Report dated 9/6/2007.

Thank you,

Timothy
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy,

Many thanks for the information.  I have some of these on my credit report from AMEX. I will ask them to make soft inquires.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Timothy,
Many thanks for the information. I have some of these on my credit report from AMEX. I will ask them to make soft inquires.

Be sure to include the FULL account number from the EX report from at least 1 account.

BTW - 3 recoded INQ's gave me 45 FICO points.

Message Edited by Timothy on 09-15-2007 01:55 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got the call 2 days ago for my FR. Just asked for pay stubs which I faxed yesterday. Crossing my fingers that all will be well. Maybe I'll get a nice CLI upon completion... :-D
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.