Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zinc Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Zinc Payments

If I pay my Amex Zinc today, will that credit be available tomorrow? Like a credit card ?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Zinc Payments

Does your Zync have NPSL? If so, and you haven't reached your internal "limit", then you should still be able to use it. But yes, I once you pay, it should become available. Though I've heard mixed things about paying multiple times per month on a charge card. Can someone shed some light on this. Are you able to pay twice per statement? Or will it only allow one payment? I heard you have to have your bank push the payment through to Amex the second time around. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has a $500 limit and I used 480, so if I pay tomorrow, is it going to be available the next day?
Message 3 of 11
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Should be. When I pay mine from the Amex site on Fridays they take it out the same day and then it posts the next day. On Saturday
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 4 of 11
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

Does your Zync have NPSL? If so, and you haven't reached your internal "limit", then you should still be able to use it. But yes, I once you pay, it should become available. Though I've heard mixed things about paying multiple times per month on a charge card. Can someone shed some light on this. Are you able to pay twice per statement? Or will it only allow one payment? I heard you have to have your bank push the payment through to Amex the second time around. 

I pay my zync 2-3x per month via Amex iPad app. Never had a problem. Usually shows zero balance the next day.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 5 of 11
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

so this may be an idiotic question, but how do the payments work? I just got the Zync and its my first charge card. I keep checking the site daily to see if it says payment is due, but it hasnt come up yet. Do I get a month to pay it off or a couple days? or something like that? (ex. if the "statement" cuts on the 25th then payment is due in full by the 25th of next month)

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 6 of 11
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Even with a charge card as long as you have an established bank account with Amex and no payment errors when you make the payment it will give immediate credit, therefore lowering your "exposure". I personally wouldn't worry about it, until if start declining charges. Once that happens pay it down to zero and start over. This should be a great way to build that internal limit. If you really want to know the internal limit call Amex you may get someone that tells
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The due date is a suggestion you have to pay before the statement closes the next month.
Message 8 of 11
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

When you go recent activity on your zync card online, way down at the bottom last thing on page it will say "closing date Aug17 (for example)" then once your cycle closes you have 14 days to pay that statements bill. It will give you a "pay by" date when your statement closes. For most people the first month on a charge they sometimes don't let you make a payment till your statement cuts, unless you push one through with your bank. After that you can make multiple payments. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 9 of 11
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

When I pay my Zync the amount is available immediately.  It's been that way since I was approved. I make my payment and they credit my account right away.  I've never had to wait.  I love it!

Slowly building....
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.