Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Backdating

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Backdating

@jsucool76 wrote:
Only scores supplied by MyFICO and lenders are accurate, however some lenders use different methods. For instance GE goes from like 0-600 or something. And myfico sells tu98 (i think) and walmart gives you the tu08 version.

Fico scores were established by fico the fair isaac corporation, and theyre the only ones who SELL them. Any scores you get somewhere else other than a lender or if you get something like the free walmart score or the score from psecu (or something similar) are fako.

just to clarify:  Walmart gives an accurate FICO with TU98 and PSECU gives an accurate EX FICO. DCU offers an EQ FICO. Also, EQ does sell a couple of products with EQ FICO. You need to be sure to look for the FICO (r) trademark to know that you're getting a true FICO. All other scores by CMS are FAKOs, such as plus, vantage, etc.

Also, scores provided by lenders are accurate. However, there are different versions of FICO, in addition to variations, like "credit card enhanced," for auto loans, mortgages, etc. And some CCs use their own internal scoring based on your FICO. 

The best thing to do is ignore the FAKOs from the CMS and only pay attn to the true FICOs you have access to. Don't worry about the different versions that creditors may use, or else you'll drive yourself crazy.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Good for you! This beats my Amex that I got last year, backdated to 1987. It should provide a nice boost to your AAoA. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Mustangfrank wrote:

Thanks for the help.

It is very confusing.

Where would I find the most comprehensive explanation of this subject.

I would recommend that you check out the following:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Credit-Scoring-101-START-HERE/m-p/8169

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 15
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Thank You for the information.

Why doesn't this site  have Experian Scores ?

Is the only way to get them by applying to Amex ?

and wouldn't that result in a Hard Pull Inq. each time.

or is there a way of getting Experian scores with a Soft Pull through asking for a CLI.?

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 14 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Mustangfrank wrote:

Thank You for the information.

Why doesn't this site  have Experian Scores ?

Is the only way to get them by applying to Amex ?

and wouldn't that result in a Hard Pull Inq. each time.

or is there a way of getting Experian scores with a Soft Pull through asking for a CLI.?

Experian doesn't sell FICO scores to the general public; they prefer to push their own Plus scores instead. I don't really understand why. There are plenty of us who would be willing to pay for our EX FICO scores, just as we do for EQ and TU. IMO, it's their loss.

As for getting them by apping with Amex, you could, in theory, get your EX score if you already have a credit product with them and app for a revolving, as opposed to charge, card. If you're approved for the new card, then it's still a HP; if you're denied, then it's soft. Even then, they seem to pull EX exclusively for their charge cards, but not necessarily for their revolvers. So, it's not a sure means of finding your EX score. Even so, I think constantly apping just to get the score might raise flags and result in some sort of AA from Amex. I certainly wouldn't attempt it.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.