cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Card

tag
DivaOnABudget

Amex Zync Card

I see a lot people interested in the Amex Zync card. What is so special about this card ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
archinIL

Re: Amex Zync Card

It's amex. Good to get your foot in the door. Their charge cards are typically easier, and the zync has the lowest annual fee. Some say it is easier to get, but who really knows. Another thing.... Amex does backdating. If you had an account with them previously, they can backdate your account to the first account you had on file w them. So, even though It's a new account, it doesn't hurt your average age of accounts in that case, and might even help.
Starting scores - apx 550 - mid 2010
EQ: 573 - 2/2012 (myfico.com)
622 - 6/2012 (myfico.com)
TU: 654 - 6/2012 (myfico.com)
Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@archinIL wrote:
It's amex. Good to get your foot in the door. Their charge cards are typically easier, and the zync has the lowest annual fee. Some say it is easier to get, but who really knows. Another thing.... Amex does backdating. If you had an account with them previously, they can backdate your account to the first account you had on file w them. So, even though It's a new account, it doesn't hurt your average age of accounts in that case, and might even help.

+1.   The AMEX Charge Cards are easier to get approved for than their revolving cards, and people with negatives/derogatory items have been approved for the Zync, including me  Smiley Wink , so it is believed to be the best card to apply for when you are trying to get your foot in the door.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the charge card with the lowest annual fee, so it's a good way to establish a relationship with Amex with one of their charge cards with the goal of getting a credit card later.  So for a lot of people, the Zync is a means to an end.  I actually think Amex offers too many superior cards for the Zync to be an end in itself.

Message 4 of 12
G19OD
Contributor

Being a charge card, with ultimately no limit (especially if you build good history), allows you to charge away and PIF every month without affecting your utilization.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@G19OD wrote:

Being a charge card, with ultimately no limit (especially if you build good history), allows you to charge away and PIF every month without affecting your utilization.

Agreed.  And, its a really nice looking card too! 

Message 6 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@G19OD wrote:

Agreed.  And, its a really nice looking card too! 

Both quotes above, +1

I just hit my 1st statement and ran $1033 through it.  My file is far from flaweless and my scores far from impressive, but they approved me - and I'll take it!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 12
DivaOnABudget

Thanks. I seen a lot people mention the card in the community and was curious about it.

Message 8 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I wonder if I could get approved with two 6 year old charge offs and 2 PR's...probably not a chance in hades I bet...hahah.

I'm not planning on applying until next year when my CO's fall off, anyway.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@injustifiiable wrote:

I wonder if I could get approved with two 6 year old charge offs and 2 PR's...probably not a chance in hades I bet...hahah.

I'm not planning on applying until next year when my CO's fall off, anyway.

I got mine with 1 PR and a collection; and a 90 day late. All from 2006. I would suggest that if your income is good and everythings been paid; go for it.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.