cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync...Declined and then approved...what the heck??

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Amex Zync...Declined and then approved...what the heck??

I applied on 8/17/2011 and got the decline message.  I had a feeling of how do I get all of these preapproved offers and then get declined.  I applied today (literally 5 minutes ago), 8 days later and I was approved....WEIRD.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Zync...Declined and then approved...what the heck??

I also just called to confirm.  Yes, it was indeed approved and I will have in in 7 days and she said it usually comes in 3-4 days.  I am ticked because that means it was an inquiry, which I knew beforehand but they just did one and my reports have not changed at all.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd call AMEX and see if they can remove that inq as it was clearly a mistake.

Message 3 of 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

You know what else is a bit weird? You applying again only after being declined just 8 days ago! Smiley Surprised

But congrats anyways! I would never to think to apply again so soon after being declined. I normally would just really look at the reasons for being declined, and work on getting rid of baddies and stuff before I applied again.

Message 4 of 11
winstars
Regular Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

I applied on 8/17/2011 and got the decline message.  I had a feeling of how do I get all of these preapproved offers and then get declined.  I applied today (literally 5 minutes ago), 8 days later and I was approved....WEIRD.

What were the reasons they gave you when they declined you??? Is the EX score in your siggy the score from them declining you???

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

They would not give me a reason, I called to find out and she kept saying its in underwriting. It showed in progress on the status site. I checked this morning and it showed declined. I call and she says I will receive a letter but she didn't know why....wth? So I apply again this afternoon and it says approved right away and I call to verify it. I decided to app for the amex blue cash just a few min ago just for the heck of it and it says declined and the reason was my EX FIC0 is 650. I guess I dropped a point since the original request. My home depot card is now up to 7k from the original $750 last week when I got the instant approval online. I called 3 titmes total for CLI's and they were all approved right over the phone immediately. I may try to get it to 10k by the end of the week but I'm content with the 7k for now. Also, no baddies on any of my 3 reports. I got them all removed thanks to everyone here earlier this year before I purchased a house a few months ago @ 4.5%.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You called 3 times in one week for CLIs? Sweet lord, you have bigger b#$%s than I do.

Message 7 of 11
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Hahaha, yes. I just got the card last week. I know I can call and get another. I have only used 200.00 of the 7k but it would be nice to just have an even 10k even though I will never use it but at least I will have that limit. Does HD report limits?
Message 8 of 11
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

I also forgot to add. The reason I have done 3, thus far is because it appears that they don't keep a record of your cli's. They just tell the approving rep that they put you on hold to speak to why you need it (kitchen remodel, new appliances, riding lawnmower etc) and you would like to put the full amount on the card and presto change "your limit is now XXXX, is there anything else we can do for you today?
Message 9 of 11
winstars
Regular Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:
Hahaha, yes. I just got the card last week. I know I can call and get another. I have only used 200.00 of the 7k but it would be nice to just have an even 10k even though I will never use it but at least I will have that limit. Does HD report limits?

Number 1:  you are having a good week, you may want to go to the track or buy some Lotto tickets or something!!!  LOL

I think apping for the Blue Cash might have been one too many but...

I would love to know the number of inquiries all these apps so close together appear on your various CR's...

And I would also like to know if your HD CL shows on your CR's???

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.