cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync... Denied... Black List... Oasis... Correct Info and thoughts, experience?

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Zync... Denied... Black List... Oasis... Correct Info and thoughts, experience?

which begs a different question...

First, I come in peace...I'm NOT trying to insult you or be unkind...

Your posted Fico scores are better than mine...you should be able to get OTHER prime credit cards if you so desire...

Why the fixation on Amex?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 21 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Zync... Denied... Black List... Oasis... Correct Info and thoughts, experience?

IMO, the right thing to do if you want the AMEX card is to pay what you used from them and burned them for. BK or not you were granted credit and burned them, I wouldn't offer it to you again if I was them until it was paid. No offense, just see these kind of posts all the time and it urks me somewhat. Just be responsible for what you did in the past.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 27
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Amex doesn't dig a ton of inquiries.

CA, aren't you kind if abusing the fact that it's not an HP because their system automatically kicks out certain applicants?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ill try to answer the last 3 questions:

1. I don't know that Im fixated on Amex... but it is nice to know if I need to make a purchase and my payment is being held over at GE or any other number of things I come into when dealing with just a small credit card and a debit card.  I will survive though, it's not life or death!!

2.  I understand the irritation (fill in what ever fitting word works for you) when reading some posts about burning this bank or bk this or what not and then getting them again... Like I said in a perfect world of winning the lottery or something sure I owe Amex $7k from 12 years ago... but for me to go back and pay a debt from 12 years ago with my current position with debt it would be MORE damaging to my finances to try to pay that.

3.  Abusing... How so?  I applied 4 times with Barclay before getting approved... I applied 3 times with Capital One before realizing until I paid and settled the old card they would not give new... I settled and about 45 days later applied again and got it.... I have no way of knowing if Im still blacklisted or what not with Amex without applying??

Message 24 of 27
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Most people wouldn't keep applying if every instance were a hard pull, LOL!

You're different and probably wouldn't mind another 4 or 5 HPs/year. I wouldn't burn a HP for CLI under any circumstances, LOL! I have 6 and that's too many. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ill try to answer the last 3 questions:

1. I don't know that Im fixated on Amex... but it is nice to know if I need to make a purchase and my payment is being held over at GE or any other number of things I come into when dealing with just a small credit card and a debit card.  I will survive though, it's not life or death!!

OK, maybe "fixated" was the wrong word....

good responses to all three questions...yay u.

IMHO, You spoke to Amex, and they said, "No."

You can keep beating your head against the wall if you choose, but I would gently suggest that you should not expect a different result unless and until you repay the former debt.

I'm not judging or telling you what you should do, I am saying that if it were ME, I'd give up and move on to another credit card provider.

Good luck to you.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 26 of 27
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I can understand op's fixation with amex. No other issuer will backdate cards and allow him to "fill in" his missing credit years from his bk. I just hate seeing him making mistakes. At this point, my only suggestion he wait. One other possibility is to settle the debt for less. I have heard of people going off blacklist from this but I recommend he not mention being able to apply.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.