Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Newbie

tag
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Amex Zync Newbie

I applied for a Zync card and was approved (yay!). There goes my average age of accounts...

I signed up for the home pack, it was $15 but you get a $20 gift card to Lowes (which we'll use no question). Does anyone else have the home pack? Has anyone run into hidden gotchya surprise fees with the Zync packs? 

Also, when I log in, it says 'member since 2012' even though I opened the account and can view the account online today (12/29/11). I was hoping it would say 2011 Smiley Sad Bummer. Thought that was interesting..anyone else deal with that?
Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Newbie

I would be calling about that 2012 open date... not okay with that!

No hidden Fees in Packs... be sure to add all the free ones just in case!

Message 2 of 47
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Amex is great about correcting reporting issues.  Just give them a call and get the 2012 issue corrected.  You definitely want the 2011 year for future backdating.

Good Luck and Congrats on the approval. 

Welcome to the Amex Family!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 47
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

I applied for a Zync card and was approved (yay!). There goes my average age of accounts...

I signed up for the home pack, it was $15 but you get a $20 gift card to Lowes (which we'll use no question). Does anyone else have the home pack? Has anyone run into hidden gotchya surprise fees with the Zync packs? 

Also, when I log in, it says 'member since 2012' even though I opened the account and can view the account online today (12/29/11). I was hoping it would say 2011 Smiley Sad Bummer. Thought that was interesting..anyone else deal with that?

I have the Zync as well, and I got my 20 dollar Lowes card within probably two weeks from initial application.  Great card, excellent service, got my 10,000 bonus points on my first statement.  Have fun and take advantage of the Eco Pack which is free.  Not sure where you live, but Trader Joe's is double points with that pack!  

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 4 of 47
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I am not aware of any hidden fees with the Packs. The only thing you should check is the auto~renewal. Most of the Packs will automatically roll over until you cancel.

I'm not sure about the 2012 date either. That's odd since the last time I checked we were still in 2011. Definitely give them a call and I'm sure they can fix it for you.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 47
chan85
Established Contributor

@baronofthenorth wrote:

@JustMe77 wrote:

I have the Zync as well, and I got my 20 dollar Lowes card within probably two weeks from initial application.  Great card, excellent service, got my 10,000 bonus points on my first statement.  Have fun and take advantage of the Eco Pack which is free.  Not sure where you live, but Trader Joe's is double points with that pack!  

I have the Eco pack and the Restaurant Pack and when I go to Chipotle I get double for them being Eco and a Restaurant! So sometimes you get even more than what you expected! My Wal-Mart and Big Lots charges also get double under the Eco pack so pretty much everything I buy I get double on! Smiley Happy
Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 6 of 47
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

+1 on the double points at Trader Joes... There's one just up the street from me :-) If you use foursquare or Facebook, link your accounts to your Amex (this is done on an Amex site). They run specials on foursquare quite frequently. Just yesterday I got a $10 statement credit for spending $10 at a restaurant near me. I've had the card for literally four days and already paid for half my annual fee in credits. I eat at the places included anyway, so I'm not spending extra money to make money.
Message 7 of 47
chan85
Established Contributor

@ptkdude wrote:
+1 on the double points at Trader Joes... There's one just up the street from me :-) If you use foursquare or Facebook, link your accounts to your Amex (this is done on an Amex site). They run specials on foursquare quite frequently. Just yesterday I got a $10 statement credit for spending $10 at a restaurant near me. I've had the card for literally four days and already paid for half my annual fee in credits. I eat at the places included anyway, so I'm not spending extra money to make money.

Wow! I may have been missing out! I am going to sign up for that right now!

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 8 of 47
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Ugh, I wish we had Trader Joe's here! Love that store. I think Whole Foods is included in the ecopack though, I'll have to check.

I'm excited about getting rewards at Costco now. My rewards credit cards can't be used at Costco because they are Visa/Mastercard, and I buy a lot of gas (and groceries/house stuff) at Costco. This is primarily why I wanted an Amex, and I hope to one day get the Costco Amex card...

Had no idea about the Facebook thing, will definitely do that. Am also planning to call Amex to see if they will fix the 2011/2012 issue, and will update with how that goes.

Thanks everyone. Love this site.  

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 9 of 47
chan85
Established Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

Ugh, I wish we had Trader Joe's here! Love that store. I think Whole Foods is included in the ecopack though, I'll have to check.

I'm excited about getting rewards at Costco now. My rewards credit cards can't be used at Costco because they are Visa/Mastercard, and I buy a lot of gas (and groceries/house stuff) at Costco. This is primarily why I wanted an Amex, and I hope to one day get the Costco Amex card...

Had no idea about the Facebook thing, will definitely do that. Am also planning to call Amex to see if they will fix the 2011/2012 issue, and will update with how that goes.

Thanks everyone. Love this site.  

Whole Foods is included in the Eco Pack. They just had a special on some people's mobile accounts to where you spend $75 and get $15 back. So I got double points plus they paid some of my grocery bill back! If you click on the link for the Eco pack on the amex sight, it takes you to this webpage where you can search what businesses in your area are Eco friendly and qualify for the points (that's where I found out about Chipotle).

I just signed up for foursquare and it shows the $10 special for plenty of restuarants that  I usually eat at!! That is actually going to help me cut back on my dining out bill since I usually spend around $10 in the first place! Thanks ptkdude!!

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.