Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync PSL to a revolver

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Zync PSL to a revolver

@OneStepFurther wrote:
I had the Zync with $500 for about 1-1/2 years, applied for the Blue Sky Preferred twice but was declined at 9 months and then at 1 year. My EX is clean. About a month ago, I applied for the BCP and was declined again. The reason given in the letter was because I had the Zync. I called and was told that the Zync (with the limit) and the Optima cards were their rebuilder cards and as long as I had the Zync open, I couldn't be approved for another card. Basically, through the conversation with New Accts, I was able to come to the conclusion that if I closed it, I'd more than likely be approved (though he couldn't guarantee it) because of my score (700ish) and whatever info they were looking at, which I'm thinking was the soft pull on EX because when I applied I still had the Zync open. So, I redeemed my points, closed it and then called New Accounts back to let them know. They resubmitted the app, pulled both EX and EQ and sure enough, I was approved, but with $1000 CL. My EQ score was 698. I have a Citi card with $5000 CL and two other cards with $4000 and $4500 CL. That probably helped me.

I'm not suggesting that this is what you should do because I took a big chance closing it, but for me and my situation, I felt I had nothing to really lose and would have been fine no matter what. Good luck!

I tried applying for Hilton last month and the only reasons they gave were derogatories and length of credit established.... No mentioning about my zync card... But now, I kinds wonder....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 11 of 17
OneStepFurther
Established Member

It's only been about a month since approved so I have to wait for the 61 days.  The other declines were for other reasons for me the first two times as well.  It was only this last time that the Zync was mentioned.  

ETA:  Originally I applied for the Blue Sky Preferred the first two times, but this last time I applied for the BCP.  I think 1000 is the lowest limit so because I only got that PLUS they pulled both EX and EQ, that leads me to believe that I barely slipped in!  Smiley Indifferent  That's okay with me though, I have my other cards when needed until this one grows up! 

Oh and one more thought.  When I applied before, there were other reasons but at the last app, I knew my EX was clean.  I'd say take care of those reasons first and then apply.  If it comes back that the Zync is the only listed reason and everything else is clean, you can take it from there and make the judgement call whether to try it or not.  I talked to about three different people throughout my process but one of them kinda held my hand through it.  He said he was going to follow up with me and he did.  I lucked out with a good rep... Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@OneStepFurther wrote:

It's only been about a month since approved so I have to wait for the 61 days.  The other declines were for other reasons for me the first two times as well.  It was only this last time that the Zync was mentioned.  

ETA:  Originally I applied for the Blue Sky Preferred the first two times, but this last time I applied for the BCP.  I think 1000 is the lowest limit so because I only got that PLUS they pulled both EX and EQ, that leads me to believe that I barely slipped in!  Smiley Indifferent  That's okay with me though, I have my other cards when needed until this one grows up! 

Oh and one more thought.  When I applied before, there were other reasons but at the last app, I knew my EX was clean.  I'd say take care of those reasons first and then apply.  If it comes back that the Zync is the only listed reason and everything else is clean, you can take it from there and make the judgement call whether to try it or not.  I talked to about three different people throughout my process but one of them kinda held my hand through it.  He said he was going to follow up with me and he did.  I lucked out with a good rep... Smiley Happy

do you happen to use amex credit secure? and what are the scores? 

i use it and it has been 715 across all three reports. 

all my cards and loan report too all three so the only variance would be inqs. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 13 of 17
OneStepFurther
Established Member

I just canceled that one but I'm using USAA's and at the time they pulled my report I had EX 720, EQ 730 and TU 697 but the FICO for EX was 699 on the letter.  I have 7 EX inqs in the last year. 

Message 14 of 17
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

I applied for BCE, was denied due to too many accounts; nothing about Zync. They shot me a score back on the letter of 707. So i'm not sure, i'm starting to think if we have Zynz PSL, we're boned. Will probably wait until the AF is due, and pull the plug.

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone with hard-limit Zync, close the Zync and then get approved for a revolver rather than a charge? I really have no interest in the charge cards (I don't understand what makes them more useful than a revolver), and would rather have a no AF card with better rewards, like the BCE.

Also, how how do I cancel the Zync after 1 year and avoid the AF?

Message 16 of 17
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

If you check out this little number - https://web.aexp-static.com/us/content/pdf/cardmember-agreements/zync/ZyncSpendingLimitAutoPay.pdf there's a nice little blurb:

• Additional accounts: While this Account is active, we may decline your application for another card account.

Looks like the person that seemed to fall through the cracks just got lucky....lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.