Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Payment(s)

tag
saggy1
Established Member

Amex Zync Payment(s)

Hello,

I am new to this card kind of (amex all together). I like to visit my account a couple times a week to check on things. One thing I noticed is I can't pay the current balance? So, if there is $200 on the card and you hit "pay bill" it says "no payment due at this time". The other day, strangly enough it let me put a payment on the card (before my statement cut date). With my other credit card ( I realize this is a charge card) I can make a payment as often as I would like.

Is there a reason behind this? I would prefer to pay more frequently than once a month.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Payment(s)

@saggy1 wrote:

Hello,

I am new to this card kind of (amex all together). I like to visit my account a couple times a week to check on things. One thing I noticed is I can't pay the current balance? So, if there is $200 on the card and you hit "pay bill" it says "no payment due at this time". The other day, strangly enough it let me put a payment on the card (before my statement cut date). With my other credit card ( I realize this is a charge card) I can make a payment as often as I would like.

Is there a reason behind this? I would prefer to pay more frequently than once a month.

Amex will not let you pay early in the first or second billing cycle.

Annoying, I know.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 5
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

New accounts with Amex (charge I think) are weird the first month. After that you should be able to make payments as frequent as you want. When in doubt about something like payments, you can always call them, they won't bite. They actually are almost always very helpful. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure, but this is my first month with the Zync card and if I go to payments it says Current Due: 0.00, but Outstanding balance is allows me to pay.  Not sure why you can't make a payment, mine gives me the option

Message 4 of 5
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure, but this is my first month with the Zync card and if I go to payments it says Current Due: 0.00, but Outstanding balance is allows me to pay.  Not sure why you can't make a payment, mine gives me the option

Same here.  I've always been able to pay my "Outstanding Balance", I've never had a problem.   It won't let me"schedule" a payment until after billing cycle, but I've always been able to make a same day payment anytime I've wanted.

Slowly building....
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.