Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Questions??

tag
book1773
Valued Member

Amex Zync Questions??

I wanted to know what is the requirements to be approved for this card. I have read

some posts that Amex targets that card to younger people but I am 36 and a creditor

recently gave me my real experian score and it was 704.. I do have one small collection

from a year ago paid trying to have it cleared and one judgement from 3 years ago paid and I am

trying to see about removing that. Do I have a chance of being accepted for the Znyc card or maybe

the green card?

Oh and if this helps I have this on my report

Cap One = $500.00 limit  ( 0 balance of of now)

Hooters Mastercard = $400.00 limit ( 0 balance of of now )

Home Depot Card= $750.00 limit ( $69.00 balance of now )

Jc Penney $600.00 limit ( $135.00 balance as of now )

Auto loan from 2006 orginal Price $22,000 ( $7,953.00 balance as of now )

Kohls $300.00 limit has not posted yet to CRAs

Oldest Account 15 years age..

Average account Age 4.5 years

Any feedback would be great.

I would really like to get in with Amex...

Oh forgot 1 Judgement from 2008 for $1960.00 Paid

Collection from 2010 $300.00 paid

No other baddies

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
IowaGuy
Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Questions??

Honestly, not really.

Also your score doesn't seem to match your report. I think you'll be in rebuilding/repair mode for some time.
You seem to have a nice stable of cards to build with, how old is the oldest card?
700 Club
Amex Gold PR, Main card, Role: rewards
Chase Amazon Visa, Role: Amex backup
Pen Fed Promise, Role: low APR, balances
Amazon Store Card, Role: 0% financing
Message 2 of 8
book1773
Valued Member

Thanks for the feedback.. If I am able to repair and have those two items removed then

my credit would be spotless and good history.. I also found out my experian score from

another source a peer to peer lender that qualified me for a loan and my score through them

at the time was 695 so I do believe that is my right score since I have a 15 years history

and average account age of 4.5 years.

Also I have read posts of people getting very nice credit lines with a couple baddies on there record

from a few years back.

Oh I forgot to mention I was reading some articles on financeglobes website and

came across this review.. Now my experian plus score is higher..

My concern is do they approve if you have a couple baddies

from the past?? From what I have read the zync is the easiest of all the Amex

to be approved for..

Patrick12's Card Review:

I applied yesterday for this card, I would like to have an AMEX card in my mix, I paid down alot of my revolving and my Experian Plus score is 685, I feel pretty confident this one will be approved! I will follow up on this post once I get the results! I did have a chapter 7 back in 2002, but per a rep for AMEX they disregard BKs after the 9 year mark, which I am! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Cory
Established Contributor

I think you have a nice credit file. You should take a shot at it. I can't say "yes" you would be approved, but you certaintly aren't in any worst shape then anybody else on this board. AMEX and all of the tough lenders have been approving people on different standards it seems now-a-days.

Cory

Message 4 of 8
jobber123rd
Valued Member

I was approved for a Zync last Saturday with a lower EX score (~660) and higher util.  Have you tried the pre-approval form on AMEX's site, to give you a rough estimate of where you stand?  Back when I was starting out with rebuilding last fall, I'd never get anything out of that page. (I'd still burn an inquiry once every thirty days for a few months applying for Zync anyway.) However, I tried it again on a whim last week (for the first time in 3 or 4 months), and it said I was pre-approved for Gold, Green, and Zync.  The last fit my needs the best, so I went for the Zync, and they approved me.

I'd say I'm still in the rebuilding/repair phase (due to a rehabbed $5k student loan and a $78 paid medical collection from 2008), and yet I got in with AMEX, so go for it!

Message 5 of 8
book1773
Valued Member

Hi Everyone,

Just to give you an udpate I did app last night and they declined it because of excessive inquires within the

past 12 months and they did bring up the judgement and collection. It seems no a days you need to have a perfect

file with absolutely nothing wrong with it. The Judgement I have is from 3 years ago status paid.. Collection 1 year ago

paid only $300.00.. I will try with them again in a year or so once I have both these two items removed.. I can work it out

and have them removed then my file would not be good it would be perfect because now there is not one baddie on there..

Message 6 of 8
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

It does not matter whether the judgement and collection are marked paid or unpaid, the negative effect still weighs the same. How are you going to go about having a public record removed from your reports?

Message 7 of 8
book1773
Valued Member

I was going to send out some GW letters.. Oh and for the judgement

I took care of that finanacial obligation before they even did that. Basically

they were trying to get extra money when they were not entitled to it and

the issue was taken care of before the judgement. I contacted the court and

they disputed. They told me to file legal action against them if needed to have it

removed. Should not be on there and also the collection which was from at&t mobility

which I had closed one line down and was in contract with them. I told them if I could

work out payment arrangements and they said sure and I paid them off in one month.

Next thing I know thats on my report. Also I have 6 lines with them right now and pay on

time every month. So yes I will dispute with CRA and GW letters to the creditors to have it

removed. Should not be there.. I try to be responsible and take care of all my obligations..

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.