Did you mean: 

Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

tag
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
I second that idk how barclays will react but I'm sure you'd have a good shot at getting the zync.

This is a cause for concern for me. If I didn't have to worry about Barclay's reaction, I probably would have applied already...decisions, decisions.

Which card do you want more? 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Odiseous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
I second that idk how barclays will react but I'm sure you'd have a good shot at getting the zync.

This is a cause for concern for me. If I didn't have to worry about Barclay's reaction, I probably would have applied already...decisions, decisions.

Which card do you want more? 

Both! I want the barclaycard because it is my highest limit to date. I also want an amex however because I like the idea of a card that MUST be paid in full each month, that cannot carry a balance.

Message 12 of 36
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Keep in mind I just got approved for a Barclay's AND a Zync that hasn't yet hit my CR's. So I'll let you know if Barclay's cancels my account when my Zync, Citi Dividend, BoA Student, and Walmart cards start reporting. Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well all of my other new cards were already reporting by the time Barclays approved me so it would only be 1 new inq/account, but I'm still too afraid to pull the trigger.

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a couple of different Amex cards back in December/January (Zync and Delta card, denied for both - I don't remember what the third one was). I could've sworn they stated they only pulled Experian at the time. But I just signed up for a 3-agency monitoring service, and it turns out that on each application, they hit me with a HP on all three CRAs. So instead of having just 3 pulls on EX (I thought they'd use the same pull within 30 days anyway, but I guess not), I ended up with 3 pulls on each report.

To be fair, it seems almost everyone has pulled my EQ report in addition to EX or TU, so it's not just Amex.  So while I thought I was spreading my inquiries around, it seems my EQ report has gotten hammered 2-3x more than I thought it would. My bad for not pulling the report earlier this year.

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, I pulled my EX report...Lists 9 inqs, with 2 that should fall off this month

Message 16 of 36
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I have to give you props...you're a helluva lot more responsible than I am Smiley Very Happy

I would have already applied if I were you lol

Photobucket
Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm dying to do it lol. I have the app page filled out. I probably would have already pulled the trigger from obsessing on it but I multitask. In between ficoforums, i buy music on itunes, check my credit report, dream about apping for amex, and do a take home test.

Message 18 of 36
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm dying to do it lol. I have the app page filled out. I probably would have already pulled the trigger from obsessing on it but I multitask. In between ficoforums, i buy music on itunes, check my credit report, dream about apping for amex, and do a take home test.

I fill out apps all the time....then I decide whether or not it's worth pulling the trigger. Usually I just say "screw it" and close my eyes and click the button. I always have that "what if" mentality. What if I apply and get approved with an awesome CL? I won't know until I apply! 

I honestly don't think ONE more inquiry would hurt you that bad, but don't let me convince you...I'm a bad influence. I say app away! Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I fill out apps all the time....then I decide whether or not it's worth pulling the trigger. Usually I just say "screw it" and close my eyes and click the button. I always have that "what if" mentality. What if I apply and get approved with an awesome CL? I won't know until I apply! 

I honestly don't think ONE more inquiry would hurt you that bad, but don't let me convince you...I'm a bad influence. I say app away! Smiley Tongue

Pulled trigger...

Ready?

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

--Granted, I got the $500 Autopay, but it's a start!!!!!

SO EXCITED! AMEX!

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.