Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

@FloridaState12 wrote:
I honestly don't think ONE more inquiry would hurt you that bad, but don't let me convince you...I'm a bad influence. I say app away! Smiley Tongue

Obviously YMMV, but with as many inqs as I have on my reports, all the credit score calculators I've tried have said one more inquiry won't do anything.

I remember reading somewhere that after something like 4 or 6 inquiries, it caps out on the negative (as far as your credit score goes anyway). But obviously if they review your application, 20 inquiries is going to look a lot worse than 5.

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i pulled the trigger, and I did get an approval. I got stuck with the $500 SL and autopayment, but I'm A OK with this option. As long as I can start to build a relationship with AMEX, I'm a happy camper

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well i pulled the trigger, and I did get an approval. I got stuck with the $500 SL and autopayment, but I'm A OK with this option. As long as I can start to build a relationship with AMEX, I'm a happy camper

Until they decide they want to put you through a financial review Smiley Tongue Hopefully that doesn't happen. But you're right, that's definitely a foot in the door with them! I've been trying to decide if I want to app for another one of their cards in December once some of the old inquiries drop off my EX report, but between strict requirements, annual fees, and the FR horror stories, I'm not sure how I feel about Amex right now.

Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I need to diversify my credit profile with more prime lenders so that I can begin to distance myself away from the more predatory ones, cough cough, first premier, so this is a great first step.

I'm probably only going to use this card for gas or eating out, so I probably won't charge up much more than $100-$200 a month, but i will be sure to at least use it...

Message 24 of 36
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm dying to do it lol. I have the app page filled out. I probably would have already pulled the trigger from obsessing on it but I multitask. In between ficoforums, i buy music on itunes, check my credit report, dream about apping for amex, and do a take home test.

I fill out apps all the time....then I decide whether or not it's worth pulling the trigger. Usually I just say "screw it" and close my eyes and click the button. I always have that "what if" mentality. What if I apply and get approved with an awesome CL? I won't know until I apply! 

I honestly don't think ONE more inquiry would hurt you that bad, but don't let me convince you...I'm a bad influence. I say app away! Smiley Tongue

Pulled trigger...

Ready?

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

--Granted, I got the $500 Autopay, but it's a start!!!!!

SO EXCITED! AMEX!

AHH!! Congrats!!! 

Any way you can get in with AMEX is fine by me! That is great news. 

Photobucket
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm dying to do it lol. I have the app page filled out. I probably would have already pulled the trigger from obsessing on it but I multitask. In between ficoforums, i buy music on itunes, check my credit report, dream about apping for amex, and do a take home test.

I fill out apps all the time....then I decide whether or not it's worth pulling the trigger. Usually I just say "screw it" and close my eyes and click the button. I always have that "what if" mentality. What if I apply and get approved with an awesome CL? I won't know until I apply! 

Pulled trigger...

Ready?

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED! AMEX!

AHH!! Congrats!!! 

Thanks!! I'm so excited! 6 months ago my credit profile was super slim...1 Cap1 $300 Limit card...now, I have AMEX and Barclays! Such a good feeling to get an approval. Its euphoric

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can agree with that, I'd like to get an Amex card .. well, just to have one, basically. I figure sooner or later, I plan to get something like the BCP since the rewards are great. 6% reward at grocery stores means that's what I'd do all my grocery shopping on. Right now I only get 1% cash back on my card, so that would be a huge jump. I've thought about trying to get the Zync, but I think I'll just have to be patient and wait until my scores look good enough to get a different card from them.

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks!! I'm so excited! 6 months ago my credit profile was super slim...1 Cap1 $300 Limit card...now, I have AMEX and Barclays! Such a good feeling to get an approval. Its euphoric

Was the Cap One the only one you had in your history? I thought Amex liked seeing at least 12 months of history before they even considered you for approval - I know they originally denied me for lack of credit history.

Message 28 of 36
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pulled trigger...

Ready?

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED! AMEX!

AHH!! Congrats!!! 

I know what you mean! Back in May I got my first Cap1 card with $300 limit and a collections on my report...then I got a card from my credit union a month later ($500 --probably going to ask for a CLI soon), then another Cap1 right after that ($300). Then the other week, sans collections, I got Citi Dividend for Students ($4,000), the Zync (NPSL), Walmart card ($400), Bank of America Student Platinum ($800), and just today Barclay's NFL ($500). 

It's amazing how fast your whole credit file can change. I can't wait for that $4,000 CL to report...that is HUGE for me!

Photobucket
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cap1 was up until june my only revolving line of credit. That account was reporting for about 3.5 years. The rest are all new lines of credit. Its absolutely amazing how quickly my credit profile has grown. It really is time to put on the gardening gloves and keep them there for a good year or longer now. I need to let everything age and start weeding out some of the less favorables. I guess I'm going to be stalking the mail man for another couple of weeks now...

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.