Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

A Cap 1 card with over 3 years of history and stuck at a $300 CL? Why am I not surprised? Any other bank I would be, but Capital One seems to love low credit limits.

Message 31 of 36
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Haha, I always tell myself "OK, that's it! No more appyling for at least a year" and I never stick to it, so I'm not even going to kid myself. 

I'm going to request a CLI from my CU, even if it results in a hard pull. If so, that will be my last pull until next summer (hopefully). The plan is to apply for Chase Freedom as soon as my oldest card (Cap1) hits 1 year, since that is their minimum requirement. I'm also going to app for Discover right after, then that's probably it for a while because I'll be graduating that fall (2012) and looking for a car not too long after that.

Photobucket
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A Cap 1 card with over 3 years of history and stuck at a $300 CL? Why am I not surprised? Any other bank I would be, but Capital One seems to love low credit limits.

Don't get me started on them. If I didn't need that card just for the sheer age of the account it would have been closed long ago. I can't afford right now to hurt my AAOA any more than I already have. I have a $1500 barclaycard coming in the mail and now an amex An effing AMEX! and they still don't see me as worthy enough for more than $300...

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Haha, I always tell myself "OK, that's it! No more appyling for at least a year" and I never stick to it, so I'm not even going to kid myself. 

I'm going to request a CLI from my CU, even if it results in a hard pull. If so, that will be my last pull until next summer (hopefully). The plan is to apply for Chase Freedom as soon as my oldest card (Cap1) hits 1 year, since that is their minimum requirement. I'm also going to app for Discover right after, then that's probably it for a while because I'll be graduating that fall (2012) and looking for a car not too long after that.

I know, i told that story about not apping just a week ago...lot of good it did me, as i just apped again. In all sincerity though, i'm good for now. I really dont think I need anything more. I do want a Freedom, but I'm going to wait, even though they keep telling me I'm preapproved. I just bought a new car a few months ago, so I don't need that either. I probably wont make any major strategic moves until after I graduate...probably same time as you, once my earnings are higher

Message 34 of 36
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

I know, i told that story about not apping just a week ago...lot of good it did me, as i just apped again. In all sincerity though, i'm good for now. I really dont think I need anything more. I do want a Freedom, but I'm going to wait, even though they keep telling me I'm preapproved. I just bought a new car a few months ago, so I don't need that either. I probably wont make any major strategic moves until after I graduate...probably same time as you, once my earnings are higher

Yeah, I mean, I won't be surprised if I app again before then, but that's my plan. Honestly, it'd be pretty stupid for me to apply for anything else right now because I have way too many inquiries, and then in the next couple months I'll have "too many new accounts" to be approved for anything else. So it looks like next summer, ~7 months from now, will be the next app spree which may include CLI requests.

Photobucket
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Yeah, I mean, I won't be surprised if I app again before then, but that's my plan. Honestly, it'd be pretty stupid for me to apply for anything else right now because I have way too many inquiries, and then in the next couple months I'll have "too many new accounts" to be approved for anything else. So it looks like next summer, ~7 months from now, will be the next app spree which may include CLI requests.

Probably right. I am hoping for a CLI from barclays, and removal from the PSL from AMEX by next summer. If those happen, I think I'll be satisfied enough not to app for anything else right now.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.