Frequent Contributor
Odiseous

Re: Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

mstew wrote:

Meltdownblitz wrote:
I second that idk how barclays will react but I'm sure you'd have a good shot at getting the zync.

This is a cause for concern for me. If I didn't have to worry about Barclay's reaction, I probably would have applied already...decisions, decisions.

Which card do you want more? 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
New Contributor
mstew

Odiseous wrote:

mstew wrote:

Meltdownblitz wrote:
I second that idk how barclays will react but I'm sure you'd have a good shot at getting the zync.

This is a cause for concern for me. If I didn't have to worry about Barclay's reaction, I probably would have applied already...decisions, decisions.

Which card do you want more? 

Both! I want the barclaycard because it is my highest limit to date. I also want an amex however because I like the idea of a card that MUST be paid in full each month, that cannot carry a balance.

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Established Contributor
FloridaState12

Keep in mind I just got approved for a Barclay's AND a Zync that hasn't yet hit my CR's. So I'll let you know if Barclay's cancels my account when my Zync, Citi Dividend, BoA Student, and Walmart cards start reporting. :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
New Contributor
mstew

Well all of my other new cards were already reporting by the time Barclays approved me so it would only be 1 new inq/account, but I'm still too afraid to pull the trigger.

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Established Contributor
AndyK

I applied for a couple of different Amex cards back in December/January (Zync and Delta card, denied for both - I don't remember what the third one was). I could've sworn they stated they only pulled Experian at the time. But I just signed up for a 3-agency monitoring service, and it turns out that on each application, they hit me with a HP on all three CRAs. So instead of having just 3 pulls on EX (I thought they'd use the same pull within 30 days anyway, but I guess not), I ended up with 3 pulls on each report.

To be fair, it seems almost everyone has pulled my EQ report in addition to EX or TU, so it's not just Amex.  So while I thought I was spreading my inquiries around, it seems my EQ report has gotten hammered 2-3x more than I thought it would. My bad for not pulling the report earlier this year.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
New Contributor
mstew

Update, I pulled my EX report...Lists 9 inqs, with 2 that should fall off this month

Established Contributor
FloridaState12

I have to give you props...you're a helluva lot more responsible than I am :smileyvery-happy:

I would have already applied if I were you lol

Photobucket
New Contributor
mstew

I'm dying to do it lol. I have the app page filled out. I probably would have already pulled the trigger from obsessing on it but I multitask. In between ficoforums, i buy music on itunes, check my credit report, dream about apping for amex, and do a take home test.

Established Contributor
FloridaState12

mstew wrote:

I'm dying to do it lol. I have the app page filled out. I probably would have already pulled the trigger from obsessing on it but I multitask. In between ficoforums, i buy music on itunes, check my credit report, dream about apping for amex, and do a take home test.

I fill out apps all the time....then I decide whether or not it's worth pulling the trigger. Usually I just say "screw it" and close my eyes and click the button. I always have that "what if" mentality. What if I apply and get approved with an awesome CL? I won't know until I apply! 

I honestly don't think ONE more inquiry would hurt you that bad, but don't let me convince you...I'm a bad influence. I say app away! :smileytongue:

Photobucket
New Contributor
mstew

FloridaState12 wrote:

mstew wrote:

I fill out apps all the time....then I decide whether or not it's worth pulling the trigger. Usually I just say "screw it" and close my eyes and click the button. I always have that "what if" mentality. What if I apply and get approved with an awesome CL? I won't know until I apply! 

I honestly don't think ONE more inquiry would hurt you that bad, but don't let me convince you...I'm a bad influence. I say app away! :smileytongue:

Pulled trigger...

Ready?

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

--Granted, I got the $500 Autopay, but it's a start!!!!!

SO EXCITED! AMEX!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}