Established Contributor
AndyK

Re: Amex Zync...Should I Apply?

A Cap 1 card with over 3 years of history and stuck at a $300 CL? Why am I not surprised? Any other bank I would be, but Capital One seems to love low credit limits.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Established Contributor
FloridaState12

Haha, I always tell myself "OK, that's it! No more appyling for at least a year" and I never stick to it, so I'm not even going to kid myself. 

I'm going to request a CLI from my CU, even if it results in a hard pull. If so, that will be my last pull until next summer (hopefully). The plan is to apply for Chase Freedom as soon as my oldest card (Cap1) hits 1 year, since that is their minimum requirement. I'm also going to app for Discover right after, then that's probably it for a while because I'll be graduating that fall (2012) and looking for a car not too long after that.

Photobucket
New Contributor
mstew

AndyK wrote:

A Cap 1 card with over 3 years of history and stuck at a $300 CL? Why am I not surprised? Any other bank I would be, but Capital One seems to love low credit limits.

Don't get me started on them. If I didn't need that card just for the sheer age of the account it would have been closed long ago. I can't afford right now to hurt my AAOA any more than I already have. I have a $1500 barclaycard coming in the mail and now an amex An effing AMEX! and they still don't see me as worthy enough for more than $300...

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
New Contributor
mstew

FloridaState12 wrote:

Haha, I always tell myself "OK, that's it! No more appyling for at least a year" and I never stick to it, so I'm not even going to kid myself. 

I'm going to request a CLI from my CU, even if it results in a hard pull. If so, that will be my last pull until next summer (hopefully). The plan is to apply for Chase Freedom as soon as my oldest card (Cap1) hits 1 year, since that is their minimum requirement. I'm also going to app for Discover right after, then that's probably it for a while because I'll be graduating that fall (2012) and looking for a car not too long after that.

I know, i told that story about not apping just a week ago...lot of good it did me, as i just apped again. In all sincerity though, i'm good for now. I really dont think I need anything more. I do want a Freedom, but I'm going to wait, even though they keep telling me I'm preapproved. I just bought a new car a few months ago, so I don't need that either. I probably wont make any major strategic moves until after I graduate...probably same time as you, once my earnings are higher

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Established Contributor
FloridaState12

mstew wrote:

FloridaState12 wrote:

I know, i told that story about not apping just a week ago...lot of good it did me, as i just apped again. In all sincerity though, i'm good for now. I really dont think I need anything more. I do want a Freedom, but I'm going to wait, even though they keep telling me I'm preapproved. I just bought a new car a few months ago, so I don't need that either. I probably wont make any major strategic moves until after I graduate...probably same time as you, once my earnings are higher

Yeah, I mean, I won't be surprised if I app again before then, but that's my plan. Honestly, it'd be pretty stupid for me to apply for anything else right now because I have way too many inquiries, and then in the next couple months I'll have "too many new accounts" to be approved for anything else. So it looks like next summer, ~7 months from now, will be the next app spree which may include CLI requests.

Photobucket
New Contributor
mstew

FloridaState12 wrote:

mstew wrote:

FloridaState12 wrote:

Yeah, I mean, I won't be surprised if I app again before then, but that's my plan. Honestly, it'd be pretty stupid for me to apply for anything else right now because I have way too many inquiries, and then in the next couple months I'll have "too many new accounts" to be approved for anything else. So it looks like next summer, ~7 months from now, will be the next app spree which may include CLI requests.

Probably right. I am hoping for a CLI from barclays, and removal from the PSL from AMEX by next summer. If those happen, I think I'll be satisfied enough not to app for anything else right now.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+