Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync approved!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Zync approved!!!

I saw everyones post.  I went to the website and was not preapproved for any cards so I decided to pull the trigger anyway.  I got a response saying that I had to call a number.  I went ahead and called thinking that it was going to be a rejection.  I spoke with the rep and she talked to me about a couple of packages and told me I was approved.  I am in total shock.  I have no idea what my scores are currently.  My quizzle fako is a 673.  I have some old collection accounts from years ago that are falling off int he next 2 years.  I have a new mortgage and some other accounts with positive pay histories.  I am really excited about this.  American Express is really a milestone in 

my credit rebuilding.

Message 11 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gibran wrote:

I added the GO pack and the Restaurant pack to my card

Awesome. Being able to personalize the card to your spending habits seems to be an attractive feature. It looks like Amex has been adding new packs all the time and some are free as well.

Message 12 of 62
jdsays
Contributor

@virtuoso1980 wrote:

First post!!!!

I've just been approved for the Zync card today. Applied online without preselected mail offers. Nothing online as well. I have a very limited credit history: 9 months auto loan, a Capital One cc opened 2/2010, and the BBRZMC opened 4/2010. I have a LOT of inquiries across the 3 CRAs: 13 EQ, 6TU, and 7EX. Scores are 683 TU (5/2010), 668 EQ (6/2010), and 652 EX FAKO from quizzle (2/2010). I just could not resist applying after seeing all the happy people being approved here. Lol. Anyway, I read mostly they pull EX and I thought what would 1 inq do to my EX (7inqs, compared to 13 in EQ). So I pulled the trigger and applied online today. Instant approval! Woo!

By the way, almost all the inquiries are from credit card applications from an app spree from Feb to April. Almost all besides those two that I have now, I was denied. Now that I'm with Amex, I will not be applying for a very long time.

ps. The only downside to my reports is the limited history. I have clean reports, with utilization less than 9%.

CONGRATS!!  I just went to the AmEX site and decided to apply.  I havent applied for anything in about 4 mos. and had a lot of inqs fall off last month.  And to my surprise, APPROVED!!!  So siked!  My first American Express card.  Hopefully will open the door for something better, or a product change in the future.  Im happy with this for now.  YAY!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 62
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

What's your credit report look like?

Damn you all for making me want to apply for this card. I just froze my Ex.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed something fishy. After the approval, they showed a Zync card with my name and my new account no. on it but the "Member since" date of 2009! Does it have anything to do with my last denial with Amex (in sep 2009) ??

Message 15 of 62
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I tried to resist applying for this card, but failed. Applied and was approved online.

Reference Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Congratulations and welcome to American Express!  Your application for Zync SM from American Express has been approved.  You should receive your Card in the mail in 7-10 Days.

Your card will be mailed in a white envelope displaying the American Express Blue Box logo with a return address of Omaha, NE.  When your card arrives, go to www.americanexpress.com/activate to activate your account and begin enjoying your Card benefits.

To learn more about your new card right now, click here or go to www.americanexpress.com/cardbenefits.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Service

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 16 of 62
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Ahhhh temptation is so hard to resist Smiley Very Happy Congrats!!!! Enjoy your new card, I've definitely put mine to use since I've gotten it.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 17 of 62
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Does anyone have an idea of what the "hidden" limit is on these charge cards? I wonder if the Zync internal CL is lower than the Green or Gold.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 18 of 62
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

There's a link on the site 'Check Your Spending Ability' you can put a test amount and it will let you know if it will be approved, at least it will give you an idea. I've used it a few times, first I started with $1000, then $1500, and then $2000. All were approved, I actually was planning on spending that much so that's why I entered those amounts. I won't use the link everytime I plan on charging a high amount but since my card is still new, I wanted to test it out so I could get a gauge.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 19 of 62
virtuoso1980
Established Member

Woo! Nice to see a lot of people getting it. Smiley Happy

By the way, I got a scorewatch update saying they pulled EQ for me. My score went up one point. Lol.

Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.