cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync -- how often should I use it if it's not my primary card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Zync -- how often should I use it if it's not my primary card?

I don't want Amex to take it away since I want to build history with them, yet it doesn't offer the best rewards for me at the moment.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Zync -- how often should I use it if it's not my primary card?

Use it once per months then.

Message 2 of 11
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

netflix! or any small recurring monthly charge. You can even set up autopay and it will all happen automagically

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 3 of 11
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

netflix! or any small recurring monthly charge. You can even set up autopay and it will all happen automagically

jw is netflix a part of the connect pack?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 11
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Not to sound too....ok, I am going to say it anyway.  It's just a charge card.  They want you to use it so they can make money from both you and the merchants who are charge a fee everytime they swipe your card.  Think about this, do banks care how much you use your debit cards?  I know, apple and oranges, but to be straight with you, they want you to use it.  And as for the financial reviews, don't sweat them, even though other may say different.  I have all of my credit cards fr me every other week, and all they are doing is checking your credit report, to make sure you are not maxing out other credit cards/ going dink on your other cards. 

In other word, ENJOY YOUR CARD!!!! Never, leave home without it...

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 5 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My husband loves zync card
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
My husband loves zync card

my FAV card and use it 100% of the time over my debit and barclays

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yep. My husband and I run all of our spending through it. We love that its a PIF card. My husband thinks its cool because we earn rewards. The cool thing is that ive only gotten one overdraft since having the card and it was because my rates went up on insurance by a little bit and I hadn't planned for that little bit. Last yr I had a total of 350 Ish in overdrafts and my husband had about 400ish. This card has paid for itself 10 times over!

FICO 9:

Message 8 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Yep. My husband and I run all of our spending through it. We love that its a PIF card. My husband thinks its cool because we earn rewards. The cool thing is that ive only gotten one overdraft since having the card and it was because my rates went up on insurance by a little bit and I hadn't planned for that little bit. Last yr I had a total of 350 Ish in overdrafts and my husband had about 400ish. This card has paid for itself 10 times over!

+100 

love my Zync for the same reason almost.. i like the increase in interest paid to my account i used to get maybe a $1 in interest on my "VIP checking" it pays 7.5% interest for upto the first $500 avg daily balance,  now that all cable and cell phone bill sits in my account for most of the month I get $2.82 in interest... plus 600 points extra because of the connect pack.. No more remembering that I put 323 dollars on blah credit card for cellphone bill  and $147  for the cable bill and all my lunches at work and I need to pay it off before the statement hits or I will take a ding on my Credit Report because of increased UTL, now I just look at AMEX site and see that I owe a total of $623 that will cut on my statement around the 6th of the month, if i don't make statement cut off no big due I have another 2 weeks after that before its actually due and some report I could put it farther still never have don't want to rock the boat. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Totally agree about not rocking the boat. Out amex bill is paid in full 10 days before the "please pay by date"
FICO 9:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.