Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync in limbo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Zync in limbo

I just did my last app for the next several months for Amex Zync.  I figured with my inquiries I would have no chance of getting it, but I also figured what's one more inquiry within the same day as all the ones from PSECU.  Anyway, I got the following message but can't call them for about 1.5 hours:

Thank You for applying for the Zync from American Express®

In order to provide you with an instant decision, we need to speak with you. We are available to assist you during our Hours of Operations: Monday-Friday 8AM to Midnight, Saturdays 9:30AM to 9PM, and Sundays 10AM to 9PM Eastern Time.

Please call us at ##### to be connected directly to a Customer Care Professional who will provide you with a decision. To expedite your call, please refer to your individual tracking number. #######.

Anyone know if this is promising?  I honestly expected a flat instant rejection, which PNC CashBuilder even gave me, but now I have hope.  I just hope it's not false hope.  Anyone had this message before with Amex and what did they want to know when you called and what was the outcome?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Zync in limbo

It seems like it would be good news.

If you were denied, it would likely say you were denied.

They probably just have a question for you, or would like to verify your identity or address or something.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 54
FrugalRican
Blogger

Could be stuff like address verification or just about anything.

A maybe is always better than a "no". I'd say, why are you here instead of calling them! lol *wink*

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

Could be stuff like address verification or just about anything.

A maybe is always better than a "no". I'd say, why are you here instead of calling them! lol *wink*

I want to call them so badly, trust me.  I am participating in an event at work, where I can have my laptop, but can't make any phone calls.  It is so hard waiting!

Message 4 of 54
FrugalRican
Blogger

I hear the bathroom has wonderful reception.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its for verification. They will ask a few questions and ship your card out.

Message 6 of 54
JaneS1123445
Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

+1 Love that response lol

Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaneS1123445 wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

+1 Love that response lol

+2  This was awesome.

I sure hope you're right TannerK.  I will report back later when I get home.  I will be calling them in the car on the way home from work.

Message 8 of 54
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I'm not only going to agree with TannerK here by saying it's probably for verification, but go a step further and risk saying you're approved and with NPSL once you call and verify some infoSmiley Very Happy

At least I'm 96% sure of that Smiley Wink  So in case I'm not online to see the results, Congrats ahead of time!!  Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 9 of 54
coluccim
Established Member

I had the exact message on Monday.

I moved recently and combined both old and new addresses on my application (old house number, new street and zip).

I was approved with very questionable credit.

BK from 9/2002 showing.

(75) 120+ days late on six rehabbed student loans (yes 75 of them) rehab completed in July of last year.  Lates are through September 2010 or thereabouts.

A thirty day late from June last year.

A chargeoff with $0 balance from 2009 - no collection.

2 inquiries on Experian - one for cable service, one for a Prosper loan.

My reported utility is at 8% due to a Prosper loan in December.  Reporting as an installment loan on Experian.

EQ FICO from here 666

Before Prosper loan - 585

Income $70K

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.